• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexHill
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2019

I'm so mad I could eat $h!+!!!

Last edited by TexHill; 07-05-2022, 12:45 AM.
    When David met Goliath everyone else said, "He's too big to defeat". David said, "He's too big to miss!"
  • grendelnubi
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

Sorry to hear of your issue. Dealing with hot temps and failed AC units is tough enough without having to also deal with landlords and unprofessional installers.

I would like to point out that there is actually another issue contributing to your water damage besides the pan drain that was not connected. I am not an AC person but I do have experience in the field.

The drain on the pan under the AC evaporator unit is not connected, I get that, it should be. However, this pan is a safe guard to prevent this type of issue from occurring. The purpose of this pan is to catch any overflow of condensation from the AC unit that may result if the main drain system becomes clogged. It is not intended to be the main drain but a secondary drain acting as a safeguard to redirect the water drainage to assist in preventing this type of issue and also to help in identification of the main issue.

The main/primary water drain is the other plumbed pipe (with the curved pipe). The issue I made reference to is the main drain or primary drain must be stopped up which caused the evaporator condensation to over flow into the overflow pan. Typically this pan is piped to the outside of the house usually it exits under the eve somewhere so that is if this issue actually occurs, you would eventually be able to observe the water draining out of the overflow pan alerting you of the main drain being clogged. If this overflow pan would have been connected, your property and the house would not have been damaged. However, you would still have the primary issue that needs to be corrected and that is typically algae has clogged the main drain system.

Wish you much success in dealing with the issue and again, sorry for hearing of it.
    Last edited by grendelnubi; 07-05-2022, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Man, that sucks.

The older I get the more surprised I am when somebody actually does the job right. How. Hard. Is. It. To. Just. Do. It. Right. The. First. Time???
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• jasper2408
        Warrior
        • Jan 2019

The HVAC guys name wouldn't happen to have been Biden would it?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
        Last edited by jasper2408; 07-05-2022, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Growler
          Warrior
          • Jan 2019

Comment

• TexHill
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2019

A rep from the company came this afternoon and looked at the issue. He admitted that his crew screwed up the installation. Apparently they didn't level the unit correctly as well as not connecting the drain pipe to the pan. Now we wait to here from their insurance company.
            When David met Goliath everyone else said, "He's too big to defeat". David said, "He's too big to miss!"

Comment

• Slappy
              Warrior
              • Feb 2014

That bent pipe piece is going to clog up quickly I would have them redo that also. I just had a similar thingy happen but I caught it in time. When they showed I showed them what they did when replacing that whole unit (bent pipe) and how clogged it was. Redid it the right way this time because they had all the pieces!!! These guys are unbelievable!!! Look like two pieces need attention!

Comment

Working...
              X