• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Charlie
    Warrior
    • May 2017

$80,000,000 worth of ammunition backorders

Just one corporation facing huge amount of back orders.
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

This quote was pretty funny, only because it is so misrepresentative...

It is good to see manufacturers being proactive and increasing supply? Being $80,000,000 behind the curve indicates that they are being reactive or have otherwise failed miserably at being proactive. Plus, it isn't like they are trying to do a good deed by increasing supply, rather than waiting on demand to subside. This is a HUGE opportunity to make a lot of money. They don't want to miss out. If they don't produce, somebody else will and they will end up with 10s of millions of dollars in cancelled orders.

We are several months into this and they are just now deciding this isn't short term? Or is it that they have more in backorders than they could have ever imagined? Ammo inc. only had $4.6 million in revenue for fiscal 2019 and $14.5 million for fiscal 2020. So backorders of $80 million represents many times the revenue than they have EVER generated in a year.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• keystone183
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
      Ammo inc. only had $4.6 million in revenue for fiscal 2019 and $14.5 million for fiscal 2020.
      Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but these numbers would seem to make them a small time player in the industry.

Comment

• mdram
        Warrior
        • Sep 2016

i read that article, i have never heard of the ammo that company makes
        just some targets for printing
        https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• Dinny
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

Why is this the first time I have ever heard of Ammo, Inc? Did they just land a $79M gov't contract?

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Talking with my law enforcement friends, the county and city is having a hard time procuring practice ammunition. They have resorted to low round count practice.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2013

They didn't prepare, either.
              Kill a hog. Save the planet.
              My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• dammitman
                Warrior
                • Dec 2012

i really cant believe that the last shortage "22's" a few years back and the other calibers that were also hard to find didnt teach a lesson. it sure taught me. especially the handloading supplies part too. i think it shows the difference between a casual firearm enthusiest and one who actually shoots several hundred rounds a month or even more and doesnt want that to be interupted at all.

Comment

• Wethepeople
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2020

My small LGS owner told me he has over 300k in just ammo and reloading components backordered. A few things trickle in each week and promptly gets wiped out. He doesn't expect it to change anytime soon. I only wished I hadn't been complacent about buying a 5k brick of small rifle primers. Down to a little less than 750. Won't make this mistake again.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• jasper2408
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2019

Got an in stock notification this morning at 9:15am from Midway for large rifle primers and saw it immediately and tried to put them in my cart from the email notification and they were gone before I ever clicked on the "Add to Cart" button.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                          Chieftain
                          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by jasper2408 View Post
                          Got an in stock notification this morning at 9:15am from Midway for large rifle primers and saw it immediately and tried to put them in my cart from the email notification and they were gone before I ever clicked on the "Add to Cart" button.
                          Last edited by Harpoon1; 10-09-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Old Bob
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2019

I bid $100 on a 1K box of CCI 450s on Gunbroker the other day. Got an almost immediate response that I had been outbid. That was kinda funny 'cause that particular box of primers hadn't been bid on yet... was still at 0$. I just looked on Gunbroker a few minutes ago, the latest bid on that box is $175. Oh Well...
                            I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Lemonaid
                              Warrior
                              • Feb 2019

How much would you pay for small rifle primers? I saw a classified local ad for cci 400, one brick of 1000 for $60.00. I might have bought them if they were cci 450's.

Comment

Working...
                              X