• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

Hornady introduces 22 ARC

I don't know how this works better than 224 Valkyrie, but they have some heavy hitters involved. https://www.hornady.com/22arc#!/

22 ARC Partners
    Aero Precision
    Ballistic Advantage
    Craddock Precision
    Christensen Arms
    Cobalt Kinetics
    Faxon
    GA Precision
    HS Precision
    Nemo Arms
    ODIN Works
    Preferred Barrels
    Proof Research
    Rise Armament
    Seekins Precision
    TS Customs
    Uintah Precision
    Let's go Brandon!
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Hornady has their foot on the gas with the ARC and Creedmoor cases. Horizon has been working with Hornady and the 22 Creedmoor is now a SAAMI cartridge.

22 Creedmoor video.

I will stick with my 22-243 for a fast stepping 22 until the barrel burns out at least. I do like it with the Swift Sirocco for Southern whitetails though.
    Last edited by kmon; 10-26-2023, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Easy enough to search Hornady 22 ARC in YouTube for more info, but I did it for ya HERE.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• lazyengineer
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2019

What I'd love to see Hornady announce in their annual NEW PRODUCTS offering promotion is: "Hornady Announces major capacity increase so that our products are not vaporware". I didn't see that in last weeks announcement, unfortunately.

That said, go go .22 ARC. Those will stretch up to 6.5 Grendel just fine too. Because .224 Valk sure doesn't!
        4x P100

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Interesting development. Speed is good. You might need to change barrels sooner if it turns out to be overbore, more so than the Grendel, but that's to be expected.

I read Hornady had a serious workplace accident a week ago, in Nebraska, in their primer manufacturing part of the plant.

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
            What I'd love to see Hornady announce in their annual NEW PRODUCTS offering promotion is: "Hornady Announces major capacity increase so that our products are not vaporware". I didn't see that in last weeks announcement, unfortunately.

That said, go go .22 ARC. Those will stretch up to 6.5 Grendel just fine too. Because .224 Valk sure doesn't!
            My brother owns a Henry in .327 Magnum. He has waited patiently for this Federal offering in their Hammerdown line. He's never seen it for sale. https://www.federalpremium.com/rifle...1-LG327F1.html
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• biodsl
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
              Easy enough to search Hornady 22 ARC in YouTube for more info, but I did it for ya HERE.
              A new offering in the making from Rexus? I hear you make bolts that will fit.
              Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Originally posted by Klem View Post
                Interesting development. Speed is good. You might need to change barrels sooner if it turns out to be overbore, more so than the Grendel, but that's to be expected.

I read Hornady had a serious workplace accident a week ago, in Nebraska, in their primer manufacturing part of the plant.
                https://nebraska.tv/news/local/updat...er-grandisland
                Mixing primer compound was how the Lake City explosion happened a few years ago too. Appears to be a hazardous occupation.
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                  A new offering in the making from Rexus? I hear you make bolts that will fit.
                  Oh, yeah! Excited to do this. Can't find 22 ARC print on SAAMI.org, though!
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                  X