• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dragon
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2015

Hello from Texas

Rob, here.

Just finished my upper with a 16" 1:9 twist barrel. For handloads, I was thinking 100 grain projectiles, but need advice on powder. Suggestions?
  • Traxx
    Unwashed
    • May 2015

Welcome
    AA Overwatch upper, Seekins Precision lower, Optics are a bushy 6500 mil dot sitting in LaRue tac mounts, Sig SRD 7.62 TI.

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Welcome to the Horde, Rob. What part of the cow chip state are you from? (Just kidding. My family is from there, and I just finished a visit to Houston to see a new addition to the clan.)

I've had excellent results with H322 behind 85 grain pills, and CFE223 or IMR8208XBR pushing the 123's.
      Last edited by NugginFutz; 09-23-2015, 02:53 PM.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Dragon View Post
        Rob, here.

Just finished my upper with a 16" 1:9 twist barrel. For handloads, I was thinking 100 grain projectiles, but need advice on powder. Suggestions?
        I have found a very good load (20" bartlien)for 100 gr nosler ballistic tips using 8208. 29.9 grains, cci 450 primer, 2.249 oal.

I have read others post that 8208 tends to work best with 100 gr projectiles.

Get a set of the Grendel reloading books or subscribe to the database site. I think both are in the industry partners section.
        Last edited by rabiddawg; 09-23-2015, 01:14 AM.
        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I have used Accurate 2230/Xterminator, H-335 and TAC with good results in my 16" 1:9 twist 6.5 Grendel. I have IMR8208XBR and CFE223 to try one of these days.

Oh welcome to the forum.

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

Welcome to the board.
            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Howdy!
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. All your reloading questions and more are covered really well with the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks that we produced as a forum, with group effort over the past few years.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X