• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kendoist4162
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2015

After lurking for a while....

I finally thought I would post something..... I'm shy...
    Finished my lazy man build a couple of months ago and have been experimenting with different bullets a bit. So far I can say that 120 gr + bullets don't suit my preferences except for the Sierra Pro Hunter. That one is very accurate in my rifle. Which is an AA 18" upper with the Midwest Industries quad rail on a Spikes lower and a CMC two stage trigger. Magpul DFE furniture as well. Still have to get around to doing some decorating on the upper though. Glass is a Bushnell 4.5-18x BDC. Once I can figure out how to post a pic from an iPad, I'll load a few up.
    Good to be here and I've learned a lot already. Looking forward to more.
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Welcome to the hoard!

I'm a fan of 100 gr class projectiles myself and I have found a load for 100 nosler bt that shoots awesome in one of mygrendels.

Would love to give the copper bullets a try but I just can't get over the extra expense. Fwiw, brownells just got 100 nosler bt back in stock, I ordered 400 last Monday. They had been nonexistent for a couple months.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard, just a reminder Shooters Pro Shop is a site where Nolser sells over runs, factory seconds and many new items. I've gotten some really good deals on Nosler bullets from this site.

Discover incredible value with Nosler Factory Seconds and Over-Run ammunition. Save on premium rounds with minor cosmetic imperfections or variations, while still enjoying reliable performance. Shop now for discounted Nosler Factory Seconds and Over-Runs and elevate your shooting experience.

Comment

• Kendoist4162
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2015

Thanks!! I've found copper and especially Barnes products to be very accurate. I've shot copper Noslers and Hornadys but they just don't stack up to Barnes IMO. And if I'm going to spend Nosler money, I might as well by Barnes seeing as Cali voters decided to ban lead for hunting... once I find the bullets my rifle prefers, it will be a pretty low volume shooter.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. What barrel profile do you have?
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• JASmith
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2014

The 120 gr Pro Hunter should be good game getter at Grendel velocities. You are thrice blessed if it performs well in your rifle!
            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Kendoist4162
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              Welcome aboard. What barrel profile do you have?

I have the lightweight barrel that's fluted in front of and behind the gas port area. I was thinking about getting a 20" barrel but the extra two lbs wasn't worth it. Ozs=lbs, lbs=pain.

Comment

• Kendoist4162
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                The 120 gr Pro Hunter should be good game getter at Grendel velocities. You are thrice blessed if it performs well in your rifle!
                This season will be the last I can use it here in Cali though. They are phasing in the lead ban already. (Additional choice and colorful comments are in the bubble above my head...)

Comment

Working...
                X