• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GREGJUEL
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2016

Newbie from Spokane Washington

Spokane Valley-far east

New kid on the block from Spokane Valley. Building Grendel AR upper using Anderson upper w/ no bolt assist. Black Hole 18" barrel and bolt. Midwest 18" M-Lok forearm and accessories. All Ceracoted(sp) FDE so I can see this one is different from the rest. M16 BCG. E-Lander mags from Alexander Arms. I have picked up seven different factory loads to see what it likes. Just waiting for a rifle length gas tube. Wouldn't you think in a valley of 400,000+ people someone would have one on the shelf! Ordered this muzzle break- http://www.ebay.com/itm/221311913421...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Lee 3 piece dies. I haven't reloaded in about 20-25 years hopefully it will all come back to me. I need to find some home brewed loads. I got the #2 Grendel pamphlet and see most of it came from here 3 years ago. I will be going thru the reloading section looking for load data unless someone can save me the time and point me to some current ones. My local gun mega store has a sign up that all Alliant powder will be in short supply this summer. A lot of the current powders weren't even around back when I reloaded. I have been zeroing in on Alliant AR and IMR 8208XBR. I would like to find a chart that gives the burn rate of the powders to find a fairly fast burn powder for the 18" barrel.

Just ordered the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 and Vortex mount.

See you around the forum, GREG
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum, looks like your all set. Let us know how everything works out.

Comment

• danm
      Warrior
      • Aug 2014

GREETINGS!!! I'm 100 miles south of you (Clarkston) .... You'll definitely enjoy the 6.5G!

Comment

• TheDroz66
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2013

Welcome to the horde! We should go out shooting sometime. I don't know anyone else in this immediate area that shoots the Grendel. Been working on trying to get my father in-law into the game but no luck so far.

Comment

• GREGJUEL
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2016

Once I get mine up and running I will be going to the Mica shooting range a few miles south of me. I have been past the range but have never shot there. I need to find out what this thing likes to shoot.

Comment

Working...
          X