• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caliContractor
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2016

Hello

Hello Folks,

I worked my way to your site since I am in the process of building a grendel upper.

My primary reasons to get into the grendel round are for hunting and I would like to get into long range shooting out to around 1k yards.

I have a barrel on order from Precision Firearms, It's a 20 inch medium Hbar profile but am considering upgrading to a lilja or Bartlein depending on what the average accuracy of the criterion barrel is. I do reload and am currently sitting on 32 pounds of 8208xbr.

I also have a few pounds of Tac, h322, RL15 and imr 4198.

The upper will be going on a Noveske lower with a SSA-e installed in it now. My build will consist of the barrel listed above or one of the upgrades if I can every get ahold of the owner of PF.

The upper is a Vltor MUR upper
    I just picked up a JP 15 inch mk3 rail for 50 bucks which I am going to use on this upper.
    I will be using the new JP adjustable gas block, the 2 piece yolk model.
    For glass I am re purposing a leupold 4.5x14x40 that I am sending into the custom shop for a new reticle, was told the TMR reticle is the one to go with so that's were I am leaning right now.

I was also considering installing an UBR stock on this lower as the magpul stock I have now pulls my mustache and beard hairs often and it's very annoying

I don't know if the grendel round needs a muzzle break or not but would like to add a flash hider at the very least as I will probably be be doing some night shooting at some point with this and my pvs14.

I welcome and advice or ideas and criticisms of my planned build
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

First off welcome to the forum caliContractor! I've go a 20" 6.5 Grendel with plain muzzle and I've never noticed the recoil so I vote Flash Hider. lol

Sounds like your really prepaired, in regards to barrels the Citerion barrels are button rifled but very good barrels. The Bartlein barrel will probably be a cut rifled barrel. I think if you spend more your likely to get a more accurate barrel with a cut rifled bore.

I probably can't shoot good enough to justify the cost of a Bartlein or other high end barrel. I have a Shilen button rifled barrel which I'm completely satisfied. Only you know your abilities and finances. For the hunter or casual target shooter I think the Citerion are good barrels.

Comment

Working...
    X