• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sovapatriot
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2016

Good morning from Virginia

Good morning from Virginia guys, glad to be here. I have been into the AR platform for a while and own several 5.56 ARs and a couple 300blks and a couple 458 socoms as well as a 308 aero build. Now I'm looking for something with more power and range than the 300 and lighter than the 308, but still legal to deer hunt with (which the 223 is not, must be .24 or larger in Virginia). So I have been led to the 6.5 after a lot of reading and looking. This rifle will be used primarily for predator hunting where I'll be doing a lot of walking from stand to stand, distances will be 350 or less and I'll be using a can so I came here to find a good lighter weight 16" barrel with 5/8x24 threading. I already have an upper and lower and lower parts kit minus the trigger. Looking forward to learning from you all and meeting some new folks.
  • TacHunter
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2016

Welcome from here in Utah.

Just post up in the "Custom Build" subforum and you'll get a lot of suggestions. I'm new to the 6.5G as well, but so far I've gotten a ton of help, and I'll tell you what one of the members told me. The Alexander Arms barrel is pretty sweet. People here have nothing but good things to say about them, and right now there is a stainless fluted 16" with 9/16x24 threading. I know you want 5/8x24, so that may be a no go, but it's still a good barrel. I've also heard great things about DEZ arms Inc barrels as well. I'm going to end up going with a Lilja myself. Just post up and see what everyone has to say.

Comment

• sovapatriot
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2016

I actually went ahead and took a leap of faith on the Faxon group buy going on here!

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum! My gut feeling is you'll like the Faxon barrel!

Comment

• sovapatriot
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
          Welcome to the forum! My gut feeling is you'll like the Faxon barrel!
          Awesome I already have an upper and lower for it and an LPK minus the trigger. I'm pumped!

Comment

Working...
          X