• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesscash
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2016

Dazed and Confused in the Peoples Republic of California

I wonder "Why" I continue to bang my head against the liberal wall here in CA, but I do and I guess the minute I stop they have won.
    So, just to really wave my freak flag high, I built a 6.5 Grendel. 22" Kreiger, fluted, JP BCG, JP captive recoil spring, JP hand guard, Adjustable gas block, Tactical Machine upper and lower, Timney trigger, Magpul furniture. Why you ask? because I still can.
    Shot competitively for 15-20 years. set a record at 1000 yards for 10 shot group in 2001.
    I have not done much reloading for gas guns. any help as far as dies for sizing and crimping would be appreciated.
    I have 2 other ARs that will shoot sub .25 at 100 yards. hope the Grendel will work as well at 600+ yards
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard!

The Grendel should prove very interesting for you. Looking forward to seeing how it runs for you.
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum lesscash! There have been a couple of good threads recently in the ammo/reloading section corncerning dies.

Comment

• acourvil
        Warrior
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by lesscash View Post
        any help as far as dies for sizing and crimping would be appreciated.
        I like the Redding Competition dies. I have also tried a Lee factory Crimp die, but after trying loads both with and without, I decided that it was not necessary or beneficial.

Comment

Working...
        X