New Member - Las Vegas, NV - Checking In!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirriccus
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

New Member - Las Vegas, NV - Checking In!

Here's my 6.5 Grendel setup. Just broke her in the Saturday before last and have taken her out twice since.

IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG

Shilen 20" HBAR 1/9 Threaded 5/8x24 with Surefire MB762 QD Brake
    Shilen Match Bolt
    JP Enterprises Adjustable Gas Block
    Midwest Industries 15" Gen II Keymod Rail
    Juggernaut Tacital 80% Billet Receiver Set
    Lantac ECT-1 3# Flat Trigger
    Vortex HS LR 2.5-10x32 FFP
    American Defense AD Recon 30 QD Cantilever Mount

I've run factory Hornady 123 gr. SST, Hornady 123 gr. AMAX, and a couple very conservative handloads. It's all done alright thus far.

Zero'd at 300 yards with a 38 MPH crosswind (that was not fun shooting in). She held her own with a 3.4" group several times. Shocked at 6.5 Grendel's ability to deflect wind.

The next weekend (this past Sunday), I took her out straight to 1,000 yards. Hardly any wind (7-8 MPH). Hornady 123 gr. SST's found the 16" gong on the third shot. Dialed 34 MOA with zero windage.

First group - 4/8 hits
    Second group - 5/8 hits

Next was the Hornady 123 gr. AMAX.

First group - 6/8 hits
    Seconds group - 7/8 hits

Repeated again with very similar results. Found that my rifle likes the AMAX more at distance. So did my friends 6.5 Grendel setup with 19" Lija barrel and Omega 30 can.

Running OWC (Optimal Weight Charge) and ladder tests this upcoming weekend with SMK 123 gr. HPBT's and Hornady 123 gr. ELD-M's with 8208 XBR, TAC, and Varget. All Hornady brass at COAL of 2.255" (.010 off lands) to start. After that, I'll take her back out to 1,000 and get some good DOPE and hopefully group decently with some practice.

I'm also throwing a Vortex Viper PST 4-16X50 today or tomorrow considering the distances she's going to be pushed out.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences and gaining data from all of yours.
    Last edited by sirriccus; 12-07-2016, 09:33 PM.
    Ricky Raus
    Owner
    Elite Defense Systems
    HIIT Life Fitness

If you're in Vegas and want to shoot long range (1,000-1760 yards), get a gun worked on (polymer framed pistols especially), or get a workout in, shoot me a call.
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome in. Very Nice setup. How is the brake at recoil reduction? Or no trials without it.?

Comment

• sirriccus
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
      Welcome in. Very Nice setup. How is the brake at recoil reduction? Or no trials without it.?
      No trials without it unfortunately, but I can easily take it off at any point to get some idea of recoil reduction and possibly accuracy down range. Doubt it's significant on either, but you never know. And thank you.
      Ricky Raus
      Owner
      Elite Defense Systems
      HIIT Life Fitness

If you're in Vegas and want to shoot long range (1,000-1760 yards), get a gun worked on (polymer framed pistols especially), or get a workout in, shoot me a call.

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

Very nice setup. Good use of color

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Very nice, great post, welcome to the forum sirriccus!

Comment

Working...
          X