• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruw
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

Another new CO guy

Hello all. Just introduced the the 6.5 Grendel and pretty excited about it. This is primarily about hunting for me and I prefer to roll with an AR platform rifle. Shot my deer with a 300BLK this year but I hunt antelope out in the Colorado plains and I need more reach than the 300 can provide. Combine that with me being too lazy to tote my .308 around for endless miles on the prairie and then I found the 65G. I'm thinking this will be just the ticket. Thanks to the hosts of this site, I've already found alot of great info.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Bruw. I have a Friend that has taken numerous antelope in Wyoming with his 24" 6.5 Grendel. He bought a 18" 6.5 Grendel last year and he's looking forward to using his 18" on antelope.

Comment

• Texas
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Bruw. My 308s have been consigned to the safe for the most part since working with an AR15 6.5 Grendel. The 308s will always have a home, but the Grendel is my hunting cartridge in the semi-auto platform.

Comment

• Bruw
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2017

Awesome guys thanks for the positive experiences. I have an 18" JP barrel and bolt on it's way now. Can't wait to light this thing off.

Comment

• Drillboss
          Warrior
          • Jan 2015

Welcome aboard. The Grendel is great for antelope. Here's one I got in Wyoming last season.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...pe-(with-video)

Comment

• Red Dawn
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

Welcome aboard.
            "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

Working...
            X