• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrvmax17
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2017

New guy to 6.5 Grendel

I am new to the forum, just ordered the LaRue upper kit and lower and am waiting on it. I have built a few other AR's (9mm, 300 AAC) and this build should be no issue, I have all the proper tools to assemble and torque everything. I also ordered all my handload equipment (dies, Nosler brass, OAL gauges, Wilson case gauge, RL15 etc.). I plan on loading RL15 and 120 grain Barnes TTSX to shoot some feral hogs (if Larue will ship my stuff in time, I posted my details in the LaRue thread). I am anxious to see how this shoots compared to my other ARs (I have a Sig 716, RR 458 SOCOM, 300 AAC, 9mm).
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Mrvmax17, I’ve never used any Reloader 15 powder. When you get your 6.5 Grendel put together let us know how Reloader 15 worked for you.

Comment

• Mrvmax17
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2017

I will, I am using the Barnes load data, I pulled it off their website and ordered reloading supplies before I came to this forum. They state the RL15 was the most accurate with 120 grain Barnes TTSX. They also use regular small rifle primers and not magnum in their load data.

Comment

• Kilco
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2016

RL15 was quite slow for me in my Grendel. Similar to Varget.

ARCOMP is basically a revamped RL15 that is a little quicker, and I've found it to be much more temp stable. It will certainly give better velocity that RL15 which is a precious thing when pushing solid coppers at such mild velocities.

Comment

• newb
          Warrior
          • Feb 2015

Welcome!

I can vouch that once you start reaching out far and the further you go, the 300 blk and 458 don't even compare.

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Mrvmax17 - Welcome to the Clan from the Great Nation of Texas! You have a good start or AR things - but now you've made it to the top of the heap. Those others will get lonely after a while. What part of the world are you in?

Comment

• Mrvmax17
              Unwashed
              • Sep 2017

South of Houston - Friendswood

Comment

• just_john
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2012

Friendswood? I thought the accent was familiar. Glad you've joined us. Seems the Grendel is becoming the national round of Texas.

Comment

Working...
                X