• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chowser51
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2017

Hello! Another Ohioan here.

Decided to start researching 6.5 Grendel and was pointed here! My goal is a 12.5" upper to be used (suppressed of course) on one of my sbr'd lowers. I currently have four AR SBRs (5.56, .300, .22 and 9mm). Figured 6.5 would be my compromise round so I wouldn't have to go .308.

I've been around guns for over 30 years so it's just a hobby now. Been municipal law enforcement for last twenty years (only five more to go!!). Thankfully I talked my oldest son (26) out of this career path so he decides to join the Army instead.

My daughter is thinking Air Force in a few years when she turns 18. My youngest is only ten so he has time.

I started all my kids shooting from age 7. My two youngest have safes in their rooms. In case of breakins, each has a handgun and rifle in them. So if anyone gets past me, my kids will finish it.
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

chowser51 - Welcome to the Clan from the Great Nation of Texas! "Raise up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart...." Never thought of the Grendel as a compromise, who needs a .308? Enjoy!

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum chowser51!

Comment

Working...
      X