• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 450shooter
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2018

New member from Mn

New member here from southwest Minnesota, thought I'd say hello. Got the AR bug last year after putting together a 300 blackout. After browsing this forum for some time I decided I needed to build one in 6.5g this time. Looking forward to testing it out after this blizzard runs it's course.
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome in, good to see a few fellow frozen Minnesotans, recently sign up here with the Grrrr desire. Quite the storm today, 10-18" in it's path. Temps in 20's makes it seem like summer here.

To the gang in warmer zones- we snow brush our cars off with no gloves on, laugh , make smart ass comments- hey! not hot , with bugs bitin ya !
    Last edited by sneaky one; 01-22-2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome tomthe forum 450shooter!

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum 450Shooter. You made a great choice in the Grendel.

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, 450S, from the Great Nation of Texas! Normally, I would say that we would brush the sand off of our buggies this time of year while holding a cold one and puttin' on more sun screen but this year has been kind of freaky. Had a hail storm a few days ago ( fortunately just little stuff but just finished getting my house fixed from the last round of bigger hail storms ). And, it is either trying to be 80 degrees or single digit COLD and sometimes both on any given day this winter.
          The more you play with your Grendel, the more you will ask yoruself why you waited! It is an awesome cartridge. Y'all have a lot of flatland up there so the longer reach should be really useful. What are your goals with this?

Comment

• 450shooter
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2018

This will be pretty much an all around rifle. A lot of paper punching and steel. It will also be used for prairie dogs and coyotes as well as deer.

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Only drawback to the southern half of MN, is we can't rifle hunt deer-legally. Yet we can yote hunt... go figure.

Comment

• 450shooter
                Unwashed
                • Jan 2018

Yeah I mostly hunt deer up north near verndale. That's in the rifle area. I have a 300 blackout pistol if I want to hunt deer at home.

Comment

Working...
                X