• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Earl o Sammich
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2018

Hey From Da UP o Michigan

New to the 6.5 Grendel here. Just got a barrel and ordered some brass and boolits. I'm not sure I need another project but always that this 6.5 was better suited to the AR15 chassis. I'm thinking 115 grain to 120 grain bullets. Any way hope to get some valuable insight and input.
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Welcome to the forum, Earl. What barrel did you get and have you seen that bolts come in two different face depths? The bolt needs to be matched to the type of barrel you have.
    Last edited by Drillboss; 01-23-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum The Earl o Sammich! Not much available in 115 grain bullet wise in 6.5/.264 unless coper alloy monolithic bullets.

Comment

• jackwagon
        Warrior
        • Jul 2017

Welcome to the forum E O Sammich! both of my rifles prefer the Hornady black 123 gr. How are the trails this winter? Not sure I would make it up there anyway, but you never know.

Comment

• The Earl o Sammich
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2018

Just got another 6 inches here last night. Trails are great. I live right off the US2 corridor Trail near Iron Mountain. Let me know if you come up.

I see a bolt for sale in the For Sale forum here. My barrel is a "Type 2" AR Stoner barrel if that lets one know what bolt I need.

I take it that won't fit my barrel.

Comment

• jackwagon
            Warrior
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by The Earl o Sammich View Post
            Just got another 6 inches here last night. Trails are great. I live right off the US2 corridor Trail near Iron Mountain. Let me know if you come up.

I see a bolt for sale in the For Sale forum here. My barrel is a "Type 2" AR Stoner barrel if that lets one know what bolt I need.

I take it that won't fit my barrel.
            . 125 type 1
            .136 type 2
            have not been that far west, usually go between Grand Marais and Drummond Island.

Comment

• The Earl o Sammich
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2018

Thanks for confirming that and thanks Drillboss for bringing it up.

Why the difference.

Comment

• jackwagon
                Warrior
                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by The Earl o Sammich View Post
                Thanks for confirming that and thanks Drillboss for bringing it up.

Why the difference.
                try this...http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...th-Infographichttp://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...opment-history
                Last edited by jackwagon; 01-24-2018, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• just_john
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, EOS, from the Great Nation of Texas! What are your goals with this build ( 'yotes, deer, paper ? ) ?

Comment

• Texas
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Earl o Sammich from North Texas.

Comment

Working...
                    X