• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cowdog
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Newbie from Texas

Had a member here put together a 6.5 Grendel upper last weekend for me. Just need a bolt to finish for testing.
    Then I will need better optics than the throwaway scope that I have on it just so that I can shoot it.
    Hope to get a bolt in the next couple of weeks and then I will get to take her to the range.
    Getting excited to finish this so I can start shooting!
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Cowdog, just make sure which bolt your barrel is chambered to use. Some barrels have been chambered to use .125 bolt commonly used in 7.62X39 or the 6.5 Grendel bolt that have a bolt face depth of .136 comonly referred to as type II.

If your looking for a 6.5 Grendel bolt with .136 bolt face check out the group buy Monster bolt sold in the group buy section here on this forum.

Gentlemen, Warriors, and Vile Unwashed of the Horde: Here is our latest group buy on 6.5 Grendel bolts. By now you're familiar with Millennium Manufacturing's top-shelf, dedicated 6.5 Grendel bolts made to the same specifications as Alexander Arms' original 0.136" boltface-depth bolts and using 9310 steel treated with QPQ
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 02-27-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, cowdog, from another native son of the Great Lone Star. What are your goals and what part of this great state are you in?

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum cowboy from Fannin County Texas.
        You will find the versatility of the Grendel very handy in Texas.

Comment

• Cowdog
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by just_john View Post
          Welcome to the Clan, cowdog, from another native son of the Great Lone Star. What are your goals and what part of this great state are you in?
          I live just a few miles from you. In fact, I was in your garage on Sunday when you assembled my upper.

Comment

• Cowdog
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
            Welcome to the forum Cowdog, just make sure which bolt your barrel is chambered to use. Some barrels have been chambered to use .125 bolt commonly used in 7.62X39 or the 6.5 Grendel bolt that have a bolt face depth of .136 comonly referred to as type II.

If your looking for a 6.5 Grendel bolt with .136 bolt face check out the group buy Monster bolt sold in the group buy section here on this forum.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...55-3-50S-amp-H
            Thanks for the tip on the Monster Bolt. I just ordered one from BluntForceTrauma. That is the last piece I needed to take her to the range and start breaking her in.
            I have one of the Classic Firearms Type II barrels that is made by BCA so it should work fine.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

You get your 6.5 Grendel together Cowdog post a range report if you get time.

Comment

• Popeye212
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2018

Hello and welcome from the Republic of Texas
                North East Texas Division

Comment

• Bevo
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Cowdog View Post
                  Had a member here put together a 6.5 Grendel upper last weekend for me. Just need a bolt to finish for testing.
                  Then I will need better optics than the throwaway scope that I have on it just so that I can shoot it.
                  Hope to get a bolt in the next couple of weeks and then I will get to take her to the range.
                  Getting excited to finish this so I can start shooting!
                  Also a newbie. Also a Texan. Cypress, TX (houston suburb) here. Welcome!

Comment

• Cowdog
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                    You get your 6.5 Grendel together Cowdog post a range report if you get time.
                    I certainly will. The Monster bolt should be here Saturday. How do you like that? Payed Blunt Force Trauma late Tuesday Night, He shipped it Wednesday by noon. Now that is good service.

Comment

Working...
                    X