• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeC-23
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2018

Greetings

Hello everybody.
    Got interested in the grendel's capability and decided to start a upper build.
    Have not ordered anything yet but there is a list.
    Just learning as much as I can before ordering.
    Hoping to get one done by April!
  • Lastrites
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

Well Mike you have entered the right place for unbiased information that is for certain, welcome!

Comment

• RobertFL
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

Check out the "group buy" 18" Faxon barrel and bolt. Welcome, I'm new to 6.5 grendel..my first 6.5 upper will be in my hands today.

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, MikeC-23, from another Texian. What part of this great state are you in? What are your plans? Be warned, Grendels are habit forming and tend to procreate given the least opportunity.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum MikeC-23!

Comment

• MikeC-23
            Unwashed
            • Mar 2018

Thanks yall.
            I was looking at the group buy and wanted an 18" or 20". Believe I missed it by a week or two.
            I'm in Rockwall county. Been here 13 years. As for the build, I'm mainly looking for an easy 400-700y plinker. Capability to shoot wolf somewhat accurately is a must as when I go to the range, I spend my whole day there.
            I do also hunt hog but I have no shortage of rifles for that plus I don't go often.

As for the list, I'm planning on getting:
            Toolcraft BCG (although I've been reading about this "Monster" bolt, I have no idea what's so special)
            ARP 18" (unless another group buy opens)
            and maybe adjustable gasblock

The rest I can use spare parts laying around.

The barrel is my main concern. Between ARP, group buy and Odin, I'm really just gonna choose whichever is available around the $200.
            Let me know if you see a deal somewhere.

Comment

Working...
            X