• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zeus
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

Getting set up in middle Tennessee

Howdy folks! Haven't gotten my rifle yet but I'll be joining the 6.5 Grendel AR 15 ranks in a few looong weeks. Been reloading for 20+ years and plan on doing the same for my Grendel. Everything I need to load for the cartridge is already on order and I expect to see that stuff before my AA upper shows up.

My interest in the 6.5 G started when considering a more powerful, cost effective option for hunting coyotes. Seemed like a no-brainer as far as the numbers go. I'm primarily a long range rifle shooter that can find my way around a handgun too. As I spend more time down here in TN more and more hunting opportunities have presented themselves.....so it's time to get into a round that will handle what comes along here.

I appreciate the knowledge on display here and hope that I can add to it based on my own experiences.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Zeus, build reports with pictures are always welcome. Let us know how your 6.5 Grendel shoots once you get it together!

Comment

• Zeus
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2018

I'll be sure to keep you guys informed.....I suspect it won't be for a while but waiting for quality is something that I'm used to!

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, Zeus, from the Great Nation of Texas! Your logic is sound! Happy hunting. As per V2, we love pictures and reports.

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Zeus from North Texas. Be careful, Grendels can reproduce rather quickly.

Comment

• IescapedCali
            Warrior
            • Sep 2017

Welcome to the forum, Zeus. The Grr is a true utility player, so your search brought ya to the right place.

Comment

• Zeus
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2018

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Comment

Working...
              X