• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GjGary
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

New forum member

I have built 3 grendel uppers.
    1st with 20" barrel 5r nitride fluted from Classic Firearms. Fail short chamber, classic would do nothing not even contact back.
    2nd 18" Balistic Advantage, not great accuracy with 123black, a couple of hand loads get 1moa.
    3rd 20" Faxon heavy flute, had rough chamber that scratched brass bad. Waiting for replacement.
    Just found the forum
  • IescapedCali
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

Welcome to the forum, GjGary. Looks like you’ve had a rather disappointing experience, x3, with the Grendel, so far.

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, GjGary, from the Great Nation of Texas!
      Have you built other ARs/MSR's or is the Grendel your first walk down the path? What are your goals? What part of the world are you in?

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum GjGary!

Comment

• GjGary
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2018

I am located in Dane Co Wisconsin.
          I love ARs. I have built a 9mm for USPSA, 6.5 creedmoor using a Balstic Advantage 22" barrel, a 16" 3 gun 223 Wilde, 18" with a WOA 1/7, a couple 20" Wilde Stoner barrels with very goods results. Can't forget the 300BO witch I bought CMMG.
          I belong to 2 clubs one in my back yard and another 30 mil away. I shoot USPSA a good amount, hunt, and I like to see what a gas gun can do (distance accuracy ) have only gone out to 600 but can do 1200.
          I reload for every gun I shoot except 22lr and shotgun. I do shot a lot of handgun 9mm and 40sw.

Comment

Working...
          X