• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old_School
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2018

Hello from NE Georgia

Just got into the Grendel game after purchasing a barrel, magazines, ammo, and some other miscellaneous parts from a fellow AR enthusiast. Now on the lookout for an upper and FF handguard to complete my build. I've always been a tinkerer and wildcat enthusiast, but more often in a bolt gun. I guess if I like this caliber enough, I'll also be looking for dies, as I don't shoot anything I don't load for.

The Grendel looks to be the perfect hunting carbine for me, as I have not cared for the so-so performance of the 5.56 on feral hogs and deer. I've always liked the 6.5 caliber, having owned a 6.5 Swede in the past and still have a 264 Win Mag sitting in the safe. I can't wait to get started and begin participating on the forum!
  • IescapedCali
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

Last edited by IescapedCali; 03-27-2018, 11:38 PM. Reason: I have fat thumbs, and poor aim

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Old_School!

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, Old_school, from the Great Nation of Texas! You are off to a great start and you have found the right place for knowledge of all things Grendel.

Comment

• RMiller
          Warrior
          • Mar 2018

Welcome!

Comment

• Old_School
            Unwashed
            • Mar 2018

Live about 40 miles NE of Atlanta. On the shopping list is an Aero Precision upper receiver (which seem to be on backorder these days) and some sort of free-float handguard. Looking at one of the STNGR 12" guards right now, but if something shows up second-hand, I'm flexible.

Originally posted by IescapedCali View Post
            As for reloading, be sure to pick up the Grendel handbooks, vol 1 & 2, from the AR Buildbox section.

I was just looking at those. Will probably put them on my Father's Day want list!

Comment

• Texas
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
              X