• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J9mcgaha
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2018

Hey from GA

Hey guys newbie here from GA. Just bought a 6.5 barrel and bolt from the group buy, and have plans to build a light weight hunting and all around upper with some parts I have from 556 builds. I can't wait to get it built and air it out for the first time! I have always loved the ar platform and itll be nice to have a little more umph in one!
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, J9mcgaha, from the Great Nation of Texas! You are off to a great start. Be sure to get copies of the 2 present volumes of the Grendel manual. LR..52 or BFT can steer you to the "how to order"info. These are the Grendeliers chapter and verse.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum J9mcgaha!

Comment

• J9mcgaha
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2018

Thank you!

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

Welcome from the Republic of Texas

Comment

• wheelguner
            Warrior
            • Oct 2011

Wecome to the Horde. I think you will enjoy the knowledge and comaraderie here. What part of Georgia do you live in? I live in Monroe in Walton Co.

Comment

• IescapedCali
              Warrior
              • Sep 2017

Welcome, J9, from Nevada. You have come to the right place. The Grendel will fulfill your expectations, as far as you’ve expressed them. What sort of goals do you have, as far as a target. Are your thoughts toward hunting, steel, or paper? Whichever you prefer, the Grendel will make you smile.

Comment

• J9mcgaha
                Unwashed
                • Apr 2018

Thanks for the warm welcome. Wheelguner - I live in Alpharetta. Cherokee county and have been living north of Atlanta all my life. I find myself all over the state working and hunting and fishing on a pretty regular basis though. My family and I are part of a hunting lease in wilkes county and try to spend as much time there as we can, which is where I do most of my shooting and hunting.. but I enjoy hunting ga and try to experience as much of it as I can.
                My main goals with this build are to make a lightweight hunting rifle. I spend as much time as possible deer and hog hunting and I'm excited to have an AR more suited to do that with. I also have a trip planned to antelope hunt in Wyoming in Sept and if all goes well I hope to bring the Grendel with me for that. I do love to shoot for fun and shoot steel and paper as often as possible with my other 556 ARs and plan to do the same with this one, but it's main purpose for me will be a handy hunting rifle that won't be babied around! It doesn't have to be a tack driver, but obviously the more accurate it is the happier I will be!

Comment

• IescapedCali
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2017

You’re going to be quite happy. So happy, in fact, I predict more Grendel’s in your future! It happens to all of us.

Comment

• J9mcgaha
                    Unwashed
                    • Apr 2018

I got my barrel and bolt in yesterday and did some flip floping around from a couple other guns.. looks like this baby is going to turn out to be a noveske upper and carrier, centurion arms CMR 13" rail and I just ordered a VG6 gamma brake/comp.. I didn't have a mid length gas tube so of course the cheapest thing will probably take the longest to ship.. but when it gets here I should be pretty close. I am excited to shoot this thing!

Comment

• Popeye212
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2018

If you want a gas tube real quick try Primary Arms it will ship the same or next day depending on what time you order it.

Comment

• J9mcgaha
                        Unwashed
                        • Apr 2018

Thanks Popeye, I already ordered it and it should be on its way.. but it took forever for it to ship out after I paid. Hoping it is here around the first of next week

Comment

• Texas
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum j9mcgaga from North Texas. Since you already like the AR15 platform, I predict your Grendel family will reproduce rapidly.

Comment

• drykilned
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2018

HEY, J9mcgaha, WELCOME FROM A FELLOW GEORGIAN IN MOULTRIE. HOW BOUT KEEPING ME IN MIND WHEN YOU RETURN FROM THE ANTELOPE HUNT. GOING TO TRY TO MAKE THAT SOMEDAY, IF I LIVE LONG ENOUGH! EVERY TIME I MAKE PLANS SOME MAJOR PROBLEM WITH ME OR FAMILY GETS IN THE WAY.
                            JUST LET ME KNOW BOUT SUCCESS AND OUTFITTER/AREA SATISFACTION.

THANKS

Comment

• J9mcgaha
                              Unwashed
                              • Apr 2018

Will do drykilned. I am going to be hunting some private ranch land that some of my family from Texas know the owners. It will be my first time antelope hunting so I am pretty excited!

Comment

Working...
                              X