• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmm767
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2018

Hello from Naval Air Station Jacksonville

Hey guys, just wanted to get my feet wet and say hi. Sailor down here in Florida, I've built ~4 AR's over the last year. 2 in 5.56, 1 in 300 memeout and an AR-9 if Tennessee Arms ever get to shipping my lower receiver. I'm currently in the process of building my first 6.5 AR and am very excited. I've got mostly Aero Precision parts lying around and am waiting on a 24" barrel to get here this weekend. I'm going to take a look around on here and see what I can learn (what mistakes I can avoid lol) but I figured I'd ask what you all prefer in terms of receiver extensions. Do you like rifle length, or carbine? And going off of that, what buffer weights have shown to be the best performers. Obviously if any of you are running 24 inchers that'd be the most useful information, but please feel free to share regardless. Hope you all had a great Easter!
  • Randy99CL
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Welcome to the forum DMM!
    Can't help with your tech questions but there are others here with much more knowledge than I.

Really wondering what you do there at Jacksonville. I take it you're active duty?
    Quite a few Veterans here, many Navy like myself. A couple of us sort of hijacked a recent thread: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...ispenser/page3
    "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, dmm767, from the Great Nation of Texas! Thank you for your service! All of my MSR's are carbine length extensions ( included the 24" that I sold ). Worked fine. As per vascar2, it is really a matter of preferences.

Comment

• dmm767
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2018

Thanks a lot for the information, I'll start out with the spare carbine buffer extension I've got and go from there.

As for Randy99CL's question... Not much haha. It's shore duty for me, so as an IT I'm just helping out with message traffic from the fleet and trying not to get fat off of all this seafood.

Comment

• IescapedCali
            Warrior
            • Sep 2017

Welcome from Nevada, and thank you for your service. I’m sure you’ll find the answers to all your questions, and stories to help you avoid many mistakes here.

Comment

• Popeye212
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2018

Welcome from the Republic of Texas

Comment

• waccamawscout
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2016

Welcome and good luck on your build. Glad to see more people from nc. I stay 30 min west of Wilmington myself

Comment

• Texas
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum dmm767 from North Texas.

Comment

Working...
                  X