• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
    Also, how does the thread title “Just got back from deployment” square with your age (70) and having been retired with close to complete disability for multiple decades?
    My whole point.

Did Gecko45 come out of retirement?
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• mdewitt71
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Holy smokes....
      a 70 year old talking PTSD, meds, Rangers, Seals and just coming back from a Deployment.

WOW.
      I can with all certainty call BS on the last part as I can tell you who the oldest deployed Army member is at any given time during my day job is and it aint no 70 year old.
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Bigs28
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2016

The word "just" is relative. Truth and sarcasm

Comment

• 98Z
          Warrior
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
          Holy smokes....
          a 70 year old talking PTSD, meds, Rangers, Seals and just coming back from a Deployment.
          Well, there was Billy Waugh... one badass guy. I would certainly think that this is not him.

Comment

• Sticks
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
            Holy smokes....

WOW.
            I can with all certainty call BS on the last part as I can tell you who the oldest deployed Army member is at any given time during my day job is and it aint no 70 year old.
            Colonel Walter E. Kurtz reborn.
            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• tangodown
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2018

Ok First off, is everyone making a comment on this, (Now at the time I was 70 % total but with 40% for my back). I don't believe I ever said I was 70 YEARS OLD!!! Come on guys, I was talking about my disability with the VA not my age.

Comment

• JASmith
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by tangodown View Post
                Let me help you with that. 7 Years ago the VA told me they were giving me 100% unemployable on my back alone. That pissed me off. They just put a cap on what I could make, practically nothing. Now at the time I was 70 % total but with 40% for my back. Now I've been fighting with the VA for over 15 years about different sh%$. Filing CUE'S, Notices of disagreements going to my C&P's etc. Now this is personal but want to speed up my cherry time here a bit. I broke my back in RGR BN 3 times. Wedge fracture's of the T12,T11 and L1. I have degenerative disk disease, Degenerative joint disease from my skull to my ass. Titanium holding my left ear stirrup bone together. Almost had my right hand cut completely off, Both of my knees get operated on every 2 years for the past 20 years. Right shoulder got completely rebuilt. got some stuff cut out of my belly button. My necks fusing together and that's just the half of it. When I first got out , all I did was play Shoot them up games because that's all I cared about. I like to watch a lot of these forums, very seldom do I ever get involved. Now I see why I never really liked getting onto these things. Rangers Lead The Way!!
                shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• 98Z
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2018

I'm conflicted. I'm a Ranger. Retired in 2007. I'm not an "Ex" or "former" Ranger - I still am, and always will be, a Ranger. Retired or not, nobody will ever be able to tell me I'm not qualified, or my "qualification has expired." Never happen. I am, and always will be, a Ranger.

With that said, I live in AZ. So, tangodown, I'm here. Somewhere inthis state, you are, but it ain't far, unless you're talking about driving across Phoenix in rush hour traffic. Depending on where you're at, I'll shoot with you. I live south of Phoenix, and have access to shoot out to 1,200 yards, normally, and we can extend that in some circumstances. Let's get together, and just put lead downrange.

Sound good?

Comment

• tangodown
                    Bloodstained
                    • Apr 2018

98Z I just PM'ed you. Look for my number. Coms will be up at 0730. They go down at 2100.

Comment

• 98Z
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2018

Got the PM - I'll be there. I'll meet up with you guys.

Comment

• LR1955
                        Super Moderator
                        • Mar 2011

TD:

When are you going to take part in some threads other than your Intro and sales threads?

LR55

Comment

• LR1955
                          Super Moderator
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by tangodown
                          I have been. I have one in 6.5 Grendel and other semi auto's

I have been in 6.5 Grendel Ammunition and reloading.

I did not know there was a quota on how much and where I need to interact with my fellow meat eaters.
                          TD:

Nope but there is a quota on my patience. You just passed it.

See you in a month.

LR55

Comment

Working...
                          X