• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1traveler
    Unwashed
    • May 2018

Hello All

Long time shooter, reloader, collector and new 6.8 Grendel owner. I have not shot it yet but looking forward to it. I live in west central Louisiana near Ft. Polk, I am a transplant to this area (Army 23 years ) but we love it, wife and I - we are empty nesters. I am looking forward to gaining knowledge and wisdom from all on the board.

1traveler
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum 1traveler. I think my Dad did basic training for the Army in 1944-45 in Ft Polk. He was in the 24th Division and was on a troop ship in the Pacific when they dropped the A-Bombs. His Division were some of the first Troops on shore after the surrender of Japan.

Pictures of 6.5 Grendel rifles and range reports are always welcome on this forum. Thank you for your service to this Country! I hope you enjoy your 6.5 Grendel!

Comment

• fixin
      Warrior
      • Apr 2018

Howdy from south west Texas!! Hope you enjoy the Grendel as much as everyone else on here, it is a fun little round and one that is hard pressed to be beat by anything else in a AR-15.
      to procrastinate... tomorrow!!

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum 1traveler, and thank you for your service.

Comment

• sundog
          Unwashed
          • Mar 2018

1traveler, you live in a great place. I was in and out of FT Polk several times supporting JRTC (aviation unit that did multiple support missions for the SOF side -- also did it when JRTC was at FT Chaffee). In the early 70s I did a year and a half at England AFB in Alexandria. I liked my time in Louisiana.

I handled my first M16 in early 69 and for the ensuing 25+ years (ret'd 94) never was that thrilled with M16/AR15, mostly because of the cartridge. Don't get me wrong, they are fairly dependable and go bang, easy to maintain in the field. Always qual'd expert. Just never really cared for them. I've shot a RRA NM for the last several years for NRA High Power. Good rifle.

Which brings me to the 6.5 Grendel. This is the first time I've actually been even a little bit excited about the AR. I put one together with a 24" Satern bbl (from Brownells) and that thing flat out shoots! And I'm still breaking in the bbl.

Comment

• Popeye212
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2018

Welcome Traveler from the Republic of Texas

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, 1traveler, from the Great Nation of Texas! Thank you for your service!

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X