• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Papaw
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2018

New old guy from TN

Hi guys, thanks for all the valuable info on here. I'm new to the Grendel, as well as using the AR platform for entertainment. I've always favored walnut and steel until I got an AR for Christmas. Always loved the 6.5 caliber, so when I took on a poor boys sniper rifle challenge on FB, I decided to go with the Grendel. So far, it has been a blessing and a curse!!! Love the rifle, love the round, but have spent WAY too much on bullets and powder trying to get the magic formula!!
  • Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

Get some 120 Sierra Matchkings and IMR 8208xbr and WELCOME from the Republic of Texas. Enjoy

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Comment

• Popeye212
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2018

Vascar I got an email back from Sierra on the Pro Hunter

When is this bullet going to be available again or did you stop production on it?

6.5mm .264 Diameter 120 Grain Spitzer Pro Hunter

Unfortunately, I don’t have a date to give you but it is still a catalog item. It may be a while before we can change a machine back over to make it again and hopefully that will be soon.

May be awhile may try the Noslers

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, Papaw, from the grey Nation of Texas. Get used to the curses, they will only grow as your horde of Grendels grow.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I’m in the same boat, no 120 grain Pro Hunter in stock unless at a LGS where they hadn’t sold out. I went to the Sierra Factory outlet store and they were sold out there to. Sierra has their own priorities which dictate production. Last time I was at Sierra they were running 3 shifts 6 days a week.

Comment

• Texas
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum from one PawPaw to another. I am shooting 100 gr sierra bullets with 8208xbr with success.

Comment

• Papaw
                Unwashed
                • Jul 2018

Thanks for all the support. I jumped in with both feet!! I have ladder tested 8208, 2520, Benchmark, CFE223, Varget, 4320, Power Pro Varmint, H4895 with 100 and 123 grain bullets. So far, I have gotten good accuracy or good velocity, the two haven't come together yet. I have not grouped all of my nodes with all powders yet but it's coming along. It sure is nice to have such a wealth of information to pull on!! Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X