• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reiles
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2018

Greetings from New England

Hello all,

I recently stumbled across this forum while researching 6.5 Grendel Builds. I am impressed with the level of knowledge in this forum and I felt the need to join up. I hope I will be able to contribute to the forum as time passes.

I am primarily an M14 guy and I frequent the m14forum quite often. I do plenty of reloading in .308 and 7.62x51mm and some .223. I plan on reloading 6.5 Grendel so this forum will be very useful.

I wasn't really happy with the limitations of the .223/5.56mm projectile for hunting, so I started looking at the 6.5 Grendel. I hunt whitetail in Vermont and I am tired of lugging my heavy M1A through the woods. Most of my game will be within 100 yards so the .308 round is overpowered. I am looking into building a SBR in 6.5 Grendel.

I am looking forward to participating on these boards with you all.

-Reiles
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Reiles!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

6.5 Grendel SBR or Pistol is really a lot of performance in such a small package.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Reiles. I use to shoot M1 Garand and then M21 in military match, and still have the M21. As LRRPF52 mentioned the Grendel is very handy in a pistol package, and my 12 in pistol has proven effective on feral hogs past 300 yards.

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, Relies, from the great nation Texas! So you start with a pistol / SBR and then an 18"er and then there will be a 24" and then there is always a bolt gun in the gun box somewhere. The Grendel is extremely addictive. And then, like most addicts, you will begin to evangelize the Grendel as a near ideal solution. Which then feeds the need for another pistol and then ......

Comment

Working...
            X