• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drunken Wizard
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2018

Hello from up north.

Hello from the pines of Wisconsin. Tons of AR experience via the military and had a couple AK's. Tried to get into long range for a while where I discovered the Grendel and have decided to build one with the ideal that it's a great goldilocks round with good ballistics. Still pretty green with the cartridge but liking it so far. Have yet to drop a whitetail with it, built mine too late this year, but looking forward to the next.
  • wiguy
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2018

Hello, I’m new here too, SE WI. I started as a wee lad in the bush of the Northern U.P., hunted everything growing up.

I have built a few lowers, no uppers from scratch. I sped things along with an 18” Upper from PSA, still testing but it’s looking up. It’s got me thinking of selling my BAR in 243 I never shoot.

I think the ‘hunting’ that gets me the most excited now is prairie dogging, had a great time last June in SD. I’m reloading now for next Summer, the 15 y/o Son is the partner with that. I do put a little hunting aspects into prairie dog shooting, roving, shooting sticks, away from the truck.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde too both of you gents. And thanks for your service.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Drunken Wizard and I agree thank you for your service!
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 12-31-2018, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• BCHunter
          Warrior
          • Jan 2018

Welcome drunken wizard, and wi guy, from a fellow cheesehead.

Comment

• AR15gunner
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2018

Welcome and thanks for your service Drunken Wizard, and also welcome to BCHunter and wiguy, I'm from SE WI also. Happy New Year.

Comment

Working...
            X