• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Accurate Calibre
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2018

Gday, Australia calling....

Gday,
    Just testing the waters before I commit to a 6.5 Grendel.

Cheers!
  • Billinthedesert
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2018

Ditto. Welcome, from the New Mexico desert.

Comment

• Accurate Calibre
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Billinthedesert View Post
      Ditto. Welcome, from the New Mexico desert.
      Cheers mate, I'm in tropical North Queensland!

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Accurate Calibre. Come on in, the water is fine. You will find that one is not enough.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Accurate Calibre!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• Accurate Calibre
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Texas View Post
              Welcome to the forum Accurate Calibre. Come on in, the water is fine. You will find that one is not enough.
              Cheers Texas!

I want to find out if the cartridge is a better choice for feral pigs to 150m than 7.62x39.

Comment

• just_john
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, AC, from the great nation Texas! You will find that the 7.62 is too range limited, the Grendel has a MUCH longer reach

Comment

• Accurate Calibre
                  Unwashed
                  • Dec 2018

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                  Welcome to the Clan, AC, from the great nation Texas! You will find that the 7.62 is too range limited, the Grendel has a MUCH longer reach
                  Thanks to all for the welcome.

I think the biggest issue in selecting the Grendel is finding ammo offerings here.

Comment

• Klem
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Accurate Calibre View Post
                    Thanks to all for the welcome.

I think the biggest issue in selecting the Grendel is finding ammo offerings here.
                    Do you reload?

You can get Federal and American Gunner ammo from Cleavers along with all the other reloading components. Unfortunately since NIOA grass-cut Custers for the Lapua contract the cost of brass has skyrocketed. ADI have recommended loading tables for the calibre on their website. We use 8208 for bullets up to 120gn and 2206H for 120gn and heavier.

What do you plan to shoot it out of?

(don't listen to the advice about Grendel going 'way' further than 7.62. It basically sits half way between a 223 and 7.62 and was designed for the AR15. If you are using it in a bolt gun then compared to a 6.5*47 it will limit you, unless light recoil is what you want. That said, you can load 6.5*47 to the same recoil as a Grendel and still have the option of loading heavier to reach out past 1km at sea level).
                    Last edited by Klem; 01-05-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Accurate Calibre
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Klem View Post
                      Do you reload?

You can get Federal and American Gunner ammo from Cleavers along with all the other reloading components. Unfortunately since NIOA grass-cut Custers for the Lapua contract the cost of brass has skyrocketed. ADI have recommended loading tables for the calibre on their website. We use 8208 for bullets up to 120gn and 2206H for 120gn and heavier.

What do you plan to shoot it out of?

(don't listen to the advice about Grendel going 'way' further than 7.62. It basically sits half way between a 223 and 7.62 and was designed for the AR15. If you are using it in a bolt gun then compared to a 6.5*47 it will limit you, unless light recoil is what you want. That said, you can load 6.5*47 to the same recoil as a Grendel and still have the option of loading heavier to reach out past 1km at sea level).
                      Yes I reload. 120 ish grain is where I'd probably sit for Bullet weight. 200m tops on pigs but in reality closer. May well end up with a Thermal sight on it and probably a Howa Mini.

Thanks for the heads up on Cleavers.

Comment

Working...
                      X