• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billinthedesert
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2018

The Grendel keeps whispering ...

I've been fond of the 6.5 cartridges since I shot my first Swedish Mauser probably 30 years ago. And I have had a stripped AR lower gathering dust for too long, and thought it was time to do something with it. I was looking hard at the .458 SOCOM, but got to realizing that I have atwo .45-70s, a .50-70 and .400 Whelen on a Springfield, so I am well supplied with hammers. What I am not supplied with is an efficient, deer-class cartridge on an AR-15 platform that can hunt to 300 yards in October, but shoot in the .3s the other 11 months a year. Think I have found my solution in the Grendel.
    Now to select a barrel/upper that can shoot ragged-hole groups. I've got an SWFA 12X42 Super Sniper standing by for the optic.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard!

Give Precision Firearms an order for either a Krieger, Bartlein, or Lilja pipe of your length/profile choice.

Do you want a lightweight rifle for the field that also does TGT duty really well?

6.5 Grendel Handbooks will really get you ahead of the curve for learning more about the cartridge, components, things to consider with it in the AR15:

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Welcome sir!

Those handbooks really are the cats ass. After purchasing my own I also got my father the set. Besides offering a ton of REAL WORLD data, they are very well made!

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Billinthedesert!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• 65Whelen
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Welcome to the Horde. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

• Billinthedesert
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2018

Well, I may not have a .3s shooter right off the bat, but will start with the Monster 20 barrel and Mk 136 bolt. I have had nothing but great luck with Green Mountain barrels.

Comment

• just_john
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, billinthedesert, from the great nation Texas! As you are seeing, the Grendel offers more answers than you have questions for.

Comment

Working...
                X