• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDS
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2019

new kid on the block here

Greetings from eastern Washington. After apprenticing on 264 mag and 260 bolt guns and a 6.5 Creedmore AR have decided to venture to the deep end of the pool with a 6.5 Grendel. Trying to decide between a 20"barrell purchase or a complete upper, zero experience on a build. Too much free time I guess, JDSG
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum JDS! I suggest you decide how your likely to use your 6.5 Grendel before deciding on barrel length. There are several forum members like myself who own several 6.5 Grendels with various length barrels. My problem is I like them all and hard to choose just one. My first 6.5 Grendel was a 16” geared towards hunting and defense followed by a 20” geared more for shooting targets at distance.

Looks like you have some capable long range guns. You might consider a shorter lighter quick handling carbine.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir. Barrel length is depended on what you will use it for and the ranges it's used in.

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, jds, from the great Nation of Texas! As per Vascar2, just pick the length according to your most intended application. Then build another according to your next priority application. Then build another according to your next priority application. Then build anoth......

Comment

Working...
        X