• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Belt Fed
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2019

Yep, i'm a noob

Not new to AR's, just the round. I bought one two weeks ago and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. should be a blast. I plan on hunting deer with it, I bought the fusion round, I hope it does ok. I used a 6.5 creedmore last year and used the Winchester deer season XP. couldn't find it for the Grendel. It will be a lot lighter than the AR10's i'm used to hunting with. The gun is a Diamondback arms DB15. well it wouldn't let me post a pic of it.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir. I got to try the fusion out this season from my 16 inch AA barreled grendel and it worked great. Good clean expansion from impact all the way throw too exit. Didn't hit any bones but passed through close too 22 inches of deer and leavt a 3/4 inch round exit hole, entrence hole was just under half inch. Didn't leave any bullet fragments behind that I could find in the wound track.

Comment

• Belt Fed
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2019

That's good to hear, Thanks for the report. I'm going to be learning the range and bullet drop on this new cartridge. I have hunted with 308 and just last year a 6.5 creedmore I hunt on a cutover and can get a long shot. this coming season may ne the last thou as they have planted pines and they may be too high in a couple years. now I need to learn how to post a pic here. it says they are all too big.

Comment

• Belt Fed
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2019

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, Belt Fed, from the great nation of Texas! Good lookin' rifle. What part of the world are you in?

Comment

• Belt Fed
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2019

Thanks for the welcome and compliment, I am in Arkansas.

Comment

• cwlongshot
              Warrior
              • Mar 2018

Welcome!

Sure looks like that aughta work just fine!!

I'm returning to Bushnell scopes and have been VERY impressed in the last three I bought! Two are cheepies and one is a mid grade Trophy EXTREAM, Banner and Sportview. VERY impressed for the $$ sent!

CW

Comment

• Belt Fed
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2019

Thanks, I hope the scope will be ok, I haven't used a Bushnell in a while, my AR10's I usually hunt with have Konus scopes. but the are too big and heavy for the 15 platform. I did need one to get to at least 10 magnification as I hunt a cutover right now. The Bushy filled the niche. I hope to get it sighted in soon.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Belt Fed! Not many reports on Diamondback 6.5 Grendels on the net. I’d be interested in a range report. Nice looking AR and should be a lot handier than the AR-10.

Comment

• Belt Fed
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                    Welcome to the forum Belt Fed! Not many reports on Diamondback 6.5 Grendels on the net. I’d be interested in a range report. Nice looking AR and should be a lot handier than the AR-10.
                    Thanks, I sure will give a report with pics. I like pics.lol Was wanting to go today but had some carpentry work to do this morning. my ambidextrous charging handles and extended mag release come in today. got those put on the Grendel and 224 Valkyrie.

Comment

Working...
                    X