• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Howdy from the Republic of Texas

Got the bug for a new hog rifle, and I think the Grendel is what I NEED. Just got started reading the huge amount of info on this site. Thanks to all those willing to share their experience and knowledge here. Thanks, gwtx
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • snell
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2018

Greetings from the Peoples Republic of New Jersey Welcome to the horde. Check out YouTube for clips from Carpe Sus, tons of great videos of Texas hog hunting.

Art

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir. Check out the hunting section for kill stories and night hog hunting adventures of DNS.

He also has a YouTube channel for his hog hunts great watch and I suggest you subscribe.

Comment

• Gusmeister
        Warrior
        • May 2017

Welcome from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Texas is a great state and I envy you the hog hunting. The Grendel is a hog slayer!

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum gwtx!

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, gwtx, from another Texian! What part of this great state are you in? The Grendel will even scratch itches you didn't even know you had!

Comment

• Popeye212
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2018

Welcome to the horde.

Comment

• Texas
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum gwtx from 1 hour north of the dfw metromess.

Comment

• gwtx
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2019

Thanks for the welcomes. I live in rural setting about 28mi from Victoria, TX. Near Goliad where they fly the "Come and Take It" flag, and and they are coming (across the border) and taking it in droves. Maybe we should change the flag ! I ordered an upper from Sanders Armory yesterday. 18"
                  5R match grade barrel, rifle length gas. Did a lot research, and this is what I decided on. I didn't want to invest a ton of money to get started. Read a lot of good things about Sanders. "Pays yo muney, takes yo chances". Talked to them a couple times on the phone, seem like good folks.
                  Thanks for all the info I've gained from the folks here on the forum. Will try to post my results. Gary
                  When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• gwtx
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by gwtx View Post
                    Thanks for the welcomes. I live in rural setting about 28mi from Victoria, TX. Near Goliad where they fly the "Come and Take It" flag, and and they are coming (across the border) and taking it in droves. Maybe we should change the flag ! I ordered an upper from Sanders Armory yesterday. 18"
                    5R match grade barrel, rifle length gas. Did a lot research, and this is what I decided on. I didn't want to invest a ton of money to get started. Read a lot of good things about Sanders. "Pays yo muney, takes yo chances". Talked to them a couple times on the phone, seem like good folks.
                    Thanks for all the info I've gained from the folks here on the forum. Will try to post my results. Gary
                    I posted the following in another thread:
                    I realize this thread is old, and the op has done whatever he decided on. But just for the sake of info, I have one of the Sanders "match grade" hand lapped, air gauged upper packages. I shot a couple rounds and lightly cleaned the barrel. The next 3 shots were 2 in 1 hole, and the third one was about 5/8" off. Pretty good? That was with Wolf Classic. I shot the next 3 with Hornady 123 SST factory stuff. The pattern was almost identical to the first 3 rounds, but about 1 1/2 inch to the right. I later shot some Hornady Black 123 and it was under an inch, but was probably not as good as the others because I was so excited I probably was shaking. I don't shoot that much paper. Just to zero my scope, and practice a little. I have since shot more than one 1/2" 3 shot group. I don't shoot 5 shot groups cause I'm not that steady anymore, and the fourth or fifth shot is ALWAYS gonna mess up the group
                    I did have a problem with short stroking which Sanders went the extra mile to take care of. The rifle now throws the brass at 4:30, locks on last round, and barely causes a tiny flat spot on the mouth. Can hardly see it.
                    I am very happy with the rifle, and Sanders. No I don't work for them, just passing on my experience for what it's worth.
                    Thanks again for a great website. I still can't figure out why the 6.5 Gr isn't more popular. It is in my opinion the perfect caliber for the AR platform. Politics maybe? Government had to bail Remington out? Who knows?
                    Last edited by gwtx; 05-15-2019, 01:26 AM. Reason: fat finger

Comment

• just_john
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2012

Awesome!

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.

There are a ton of Grendel owners in Texas, that I can tell you.
                        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• gwtx
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                          Welcome aboard.

There are a ton of Grendel owners in Texas, that I can tell you.
                          Thanks, and thank you for valuable input on this, and other forums. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X