• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lemonaid
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Cache Valley Utah

Greetings!
    I'll be picking up my new Grendel in a few days (BCA AR-15 Complete Rifle: 24" 416R Stainless Heavy Barrel). Just checked BCA and the price jumped from $400.00 to $580.00! I may have got the last one at $400.00.
    I'll post my results. I did read many of the good and bad BCA results posts AFTER I had all ready ordered it. No worries, I enjoy a challenge, making lemon-aid from lemons
    I jumped on the Grendel train because of my great enjoyment of 6mm PPC in a bolt gun. I may end up buying a Grendel Ruger American Predator for a companion gun.
    Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time and effort to bring the great info on the forum!

My first question: Generally are flat base or boat tail bullets more accurate in a Grendel at 100 yds?
    I ask as my 6ppc loves the flat base best.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome too the horde sir. Hope the BCA works out for you. I can only speak for myself but the only bullet I have shoot that is flat based is the 90 tnt and it has been a great round for groups but so has all the boattail bullets I have tryed as long as I did a good should work up.

Also if you get serious about the bolt action grendel I would consider the howa over the ruger. Got some good threads about all the bolt grendels on this fourm you should check them out.

Comment

• Lemonaid
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

Will do. Sounds like fun reading.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Lemonaid! I have had good accuracy with flat based bullets and bullets with boat tail. The 85 grain, 100 grain Sierra Varmint and Sierra 120 grain Pro Hunter are flat base and have proven very accurate for me.

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum lemonaid. I have been getting good accuracy from flat base bullets in my Grendels.

Comment

• Lemonaid
            Warrior
            • Feb 2019

Sierra bullets are my favorite! Especially the Game King. I am ordering some of the 130 grain Gamechangers with hopes that it will be my main go to do everything bullet.

Comment

Working...
            X