• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD-1
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2019

Hi All - New from New Hampshire

Hi all - newbie here. Been doing a lot of reading of the various posts here. Thanks to all for your insights.

I have a couple of AR15 lowers that have been sitting around for awhile. Decided that I needed to build them out. Since I already have a 16" 556 and 18" 223 Wylde (both with Green Mountain barrels), I was looking for something different. At first, I was leaning towards the 50 Beowulf. No real reason - just because. Since I don't hunt and have only a small (max 200yds) range in my backyard. I'm not looking for long range capability. Then, I came across this forum. I'll admit, you all got me hooked!

Remaining parts for my lower will be in today. So, I may get it finished this weekend. Then it's off to figuring out the upper. I'm not looking for a competition level build, but also don't want to cheap out. So, we'll see...I'll post pics as I get it done.

Again; thanks all for all your contributions to this site to help us newbies!

JD
  • Yissnakk
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2019

Welcome, from a fellow newbie! Waiting on my lower, here - also in the assembly process....

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum JD-1. You might take a look at the Group Buy barrels manufactured by Green Mountain. There are also Group Buy bolts. These are getting great reviews and worth considering if your going to assemble an upper.

All local, state, and federal laws apply. In the rare event a transaction between private parties should go awry, forum management cannot be responsible in any way, nor can we mediate disputes. Please take full responsibility for your dealings here, or simply decline using this service.

Comment

• JD-1
        Unwashed
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        Welcome to the forum JD-1. You might take a look at the Group Buy barrels manufactured by Green Mountain. There are also Group Buy bolts. These are getting great reviews and worth considering if your going to assemble an upper.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/forum...up-Buy-Central

Thanks - I will. JD

Comment

Working...
        X