• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EchoZuluPapa
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2019

Hello from Colorado

I recently slapped a 18" BCA Upper on an assembled Anvil Arms lower that I had laying around and threw a cheapo BSA red dot reflex sight that had been just gathering dust on the shelf on the rail.
    It's shooting as well as I could hope with the red dot so I'm happy with it so far.

The next step is assembling another stripped lower receiver with a decent good trigger and adjustable rifle stock instead of the basic mil spec trigger and collapsible carbine stock on the current lower. Those parts are all ordered.
    Step two is getting a Athlon Argos BTR and mount next month.

If I win the BCA lottery and that combo shoots MOA or better, I'll start saving up for better glass and higher end longer barrel.
    If I can't get it to shoot near MOA then the next step will be a group buy barrel.

The short term goal is to get a package that I can take to the local PRS match and not make a complete fool out of myself and to have something to take hunting.

I've learned a lot in the time I've been reading the forums and I look forward to learning a lot more.

EZP
    Longmont, CO
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Sounds good EchoZuluPapa, welcome to the forum. I really like two stage triggers and it is hard to beat the price of a LaRue Tactical MBT 2S for $87 plus shipping.

Comment

• EchoZuluPapa
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2019

VASCAR2, my Larue MTB-2S was delivered today. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

You get everything together do a range report. Pictures are always welcome on this site.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X