• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CB in LA
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2019

Hello from LA ( lower alabama )

Guess there's not too many members here from the Los Angeles area proper.
    I live in the lower part of Lower Alabama ..... about 30 min from the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area.... close to the same distance to Mobile, Al and Pensacola, FL.
    Retired a couple of years ago. Throughout my life, I've collected and shot handguns mostly. Have Colts, S&W double actions, and a few Rugers....something about wheelguns I really love.
    Have a few rifles but wanted to try and see if I could do anything at 400 - 700 yards. Ordered a full 6.5 Grendel upper 24" SS bbl w/side charge receiver. Will drop it in
    an AR15 lower and start trying to read and educate myself on a new shooting discipline. Lots to learn. I usually take things slow ....walk for a little while first.
    Looking forward to all of your experience and advice.

Regards,

CB in LA
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Last edited by VASCAR2; 03-19-2019, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• CB in LA
      Unwashed
      • Mar 2019

Hey VASCAR2,
      Thanks for the 411 on the 20 MOA mounts.... will be using a Vortex Viper 6.5-20 x 50PA. Have a couple of local ranges that may get to 600' ASL or so.... sounds like a good suggestion on the canted mounts.
      Will keep this in the journal for reference. Sounds like there is a lot of science going on..... seems numerous variables are the hallmark of this hobby.... just wanted to shoot a bullet, not launch a rocket
      Thank you for the FBC link.... know for sure will be needed !

Comment

Working...
      X