• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chance-dg
    Warrior
    • Apr 2019

New from Tennessee by way of Montana

Heya everybody, new to forums, new to this one, new to Tennessee, new to the Grendel and kinda new to the AR platform. I have a budget Ruger and several Aero Precision lowers on hand so I just built a lower for a Sig Sauer 516 piston upper that runs great....I think. LOL no experience to go by much. On an impulse, empowered by success and cost, I just received an AR Stoner 6.5 G 20" complete upper to use hopefully for longer range antelope, mule and white tail deer hunting in Montana and range work here. In reading on this forum older posts, not sure I made a good decision with my purchase AR Stoner upper.

My lower build for the Sig piston drive so far consists of:

Aero Precision Gen 11 Lower
    Geissele Lower parts group
    Geissele/Brownells 2 Stage Enhanced Trigger group
    BAD-ASS ambi safety
    BAD Enhanced Bolt Catch
    Velocity Triggers Winter Trigger Guard
    BCM SOPMOD Adj. Stock and Spring
    H2 Buffer
    Ruger Pistol Grip

I just received 2 10 round 6.5 Grendel ELander mags with 2 24 round ELanders on B.O. from Brownells and 200 rounds of Hornady 123g. ELD Match and a Hornady 6.5 G die set to feed this beastie with.

The H2 buffer was Sig's recommendation for the 516 piston upper and from what I have read so far, This lower build, as is, should be suitable for this Grendel upper. Any feed back and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I just moved to Tennessee this past fall and don't know anyone here yet, but have just submitted my membership application to the Henry County Gun Club. So that should start to change soon.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from members.

Chance
  • coachallen
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2019

Welcome from S.E. Oklahoma, sounds like a good combo. post pic when you get it assembled.

Comment

• Texas
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Chance-dg!

Comment

• BCHunter
          Warrior
          • Jan 2018

Welcome to the forum.

Midway sources most of the items for the AR Stoner line,...the producers change from time to time. There is only one way to find out it the upper is good,...and Midway has a good reputation for customer service.

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, Chance-dg, from the great nation of Texas! Interesting grocery list, what are your goals?

Comment

• Chance-dg
              Warrior
              • Apr 2019

My goals with this upper should it prove to be reliably accurate are two fold...I am physically challenged since several years back due to a Life/Death Septic infection from a Yellow Jacket sting in Western Montana, Lost my left leg and it ruined my right ankle and both shoulders. I spend most of my time in a wheelchair or my Polaris Ranger which I hunt from. The gun club I just joined here in Tennessee has a 600 to 700 yard range I would like to be proficient on and I would like to use this rifle in Montana this fall for Antelope and Mule deer. Obviously, at long range as it is hard to sneak up in a Ranger...LOL... I have great bolt guns in suitable calibers but can no longer work the bolts quickly enough for a follow up shot if necessary.

Comment

• Chance-dg
                Warrior
                • Apr 2019

Thanks and I will as soon as I figure out how to get pics from my email to my hard drive and then to here.

Comment

• Thelongrifle
                  Unwashed
                  • Mar 2019

Welcome from Columbia TN.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                    X