• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fields_mj
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2019

Hello from Hoosier country

New member from Indiana. I've been shooting and reloading for multiple decades, and just got my first Grendel upper. Several years competing very successfully in small bore and NRA Hi power, but raising a family has consumed most of my time for the last decade or so. Still find time to make it up to the range, and still use my tools to put meat on the table. I've been watching the Grendel since it first hit the market, but that was about the time I was stepping away from high power. Finally decided to get one and use it for deer hunting. If I can ever get back into competition, I'll probably use her for that too.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast

Comment

• BCHunter
        Warrior
        • Jan 2018

Welcome,....I'm sure many here would be interested in your opinion why you like the Grendel. After your experience in NRA high power competition.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the Forum Fields_mj. There are getting to be quite a few 6.5 Grendel shooters in Indiana.

Comment

• Fields_mj
            Unwashed
            • Aug 2019

My Rock River A2 DCM upper pushes a 75 gr VLD in the 2900s and holds .75 MOA from prone to 600, or at least it did when I had 30 yo eyes 😉. Grendel just didn't get me anything over that, so I didn't make the jump until Indiana changed the hunting regs making it a legal deer cartridge.

Comment

• Fields_mj
              Unwashed
              • Aug 2019

I chose to do a Grendel now because I think it will be a great multi-purpose upper for me that utilizes my existing lowers. Should have no problems going 300 yards on a white-tail, should provide great accuracy from the bench, should have no problem with yotes, and while it won't take me where I want to go in f class, if I can ever find the time to do it, it will get me started. Ultimately I prefer to have a 6.5 Swede or A Square for f class, but I'd have to have a pretty good foot in the door before dropping money on a custom bolt gun build.

If I were interested in doing a dedicated Match rifle today, I would have gone with a 6 mm Hagar because of the factory brass, high BC, high velocity, and presumably low recoil.

Comment

• just_john
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, FMJ, from the great nation of Texas! Among the great things of Grendels is that they are great to teach kids and young folks with. Since yours are about old enough to do so, it becomes an even more useful "tool".

Comment

• RobUrban
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jul 2018

Welcome. The grendel works great on indiana whitetail.

Comment

• BCHunter
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2018

Thank you, helps put things in perspective,...for those of us who haven't done formal competition.

Comment

• Texas
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum fields_mj.

Comment

• Six5x39
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2017

welcome ! youll find tons of good infos here !

Comment

Working...
                        X