• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venisonhuntr
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2019

First Grendel

I am wanting to buy a Grendel but not sure which way to go. I will mainly be using for deer hunting. I won?t be shooting over 300-400 yards. Not looking for the top of the line or sub-MOA. Looking to buy a complete rifle rather than upper/lower. Any advice?
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

whats your budget?
    just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• venisonhuntr
      Unwashed
      • Mar 2019

Basically, I don't want to spend anymore than necessary until I get accustomed to the caliber. Eventually I want to build one and will spend my money on that. I probably won't shoot this one more than 50-60 times a year range/hunting.

Comment

• mdram
        Warrior
        • Sep 2016

then maybe bear creek, just dont bet on it being accurate
        just some targets for printing
        https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum venisonhuntr! I suggest you look at Alexander Arms, Palmetto State Armory or Diamondback for complete AR-15’s. Howa mini action 6.5 Grendel and Cz bolt actions are very popular. You might consider buying a complete PSA lower and pairing it to a PSA 6.5 Grendel upper, both have a lifetime warranty.

Ballistic Advantage, Odin Works and Faxon all sell complete uppers and maybe complete rifles. I just haven’t checked to see if they sell complete rifles. It is very easy to assemble a lower.
          Last edited by VASCAR2; 10-08-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

Larue kit

Comment

• venisonhuntr
              Unwashed
              • Mar 2019

Okay let me know what you think. I can get a complete upper from Grendel Hunter for $675 or a complete rifle from Diamondback for less than $800. Thoughts?

Comment

• Popeye212
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2018

Check this link out. These are good and guaranteed 1 moa.

Odinworks are good but pricey. You might find the one you would like and shop around for it.

Upgrade your AR-15 with high quality American manufactured parts. Fully built rifles, complete uppers, barrels, forends, and many other accessories. ODIN Works is your main supplier for made in the USA rifles and accessories. Shop now!
                Last edited by Popeye212; 10-08-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
                  Larue kit
                  This guy nailed it.

If it’s your first Grendel don’t take a chance. Normally I would say 1. Precision Firearms or 2. Alexander Arms but your requirements don’t fit them.

From what I’ve read, the Larue stuff is hard to beat for the money. And it will definitely perform better than psa or bear creek
                  Last edited by rabiddawg; 10-08-2019, 11:45 PM.
                  Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Grendel Hunter uppers get good reviews and he supposedly stands behind what he sells. Grendel Hunter sell barrels manufactured by Liberty which are buttoned rifled barrels and a sister company to Satern. Liberty barrels use a conventional throat and long leade as opposed to a SAAMI 6.5 Grendel barrel which has a compound throat. Satern/Liberty has a poor reputation with many forum members but Grendel Hunter seems to deal directly with his customers if there is an issue.

Most barrels sold today which shoot 6.5 Grendel ammunition are SAAMI spec 6.5 Grendel barrels. Other barrels which shoot 6.5 Grendel ammunition are 264 LBC, Model 1 Sales 6.5 Sporter and Lothar Walther 6.5 CSS. Columbia River Arms/Black Whole Weaponry have sold a lot of barrels with 264 LBC chamber and polygonal rifling.

Comment

Working...
                      X