• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bubbacop
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2019

Howdy from Miami

Just found this awesome forum by chance, Been trying to educate myself on the 6.5 Grendel to make the right choice when I purchase one.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Welcome. Depending on your budget larue or precision firearms are pretty good places to start.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Bubbacop! There are a lot of options today if your in the mood to assemble your own 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, BC, from the great nation of Texas! Help us understand your goals and we'll have a lot of suggestions on how to get there.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• Bubbacop
            Unwashed
            • Oct 2019

Thank you all for your hospitality, I’d like to buy an already fully assembled upper to slap on one of my colt ar’s.
            It will mostly be used for whitetail . I’d like something accurate out of the box that I won’t regret purchasing after I catch the 6.5 bug and need to upgrade. Perhaps someone can recommend one of the uppers that are up for sale on the classifieds.
            Thanks you all
            Last edited by Bubbacop; 10-17-2019, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Texas
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum. Are you going to buy a built rifle, or build one yourself. What are your requirements?

Comment

• Lastrites
                Warrior
                • Apr 2017

Welcome neighbor, you will find some good people here on this site!

Comment

• Bubbacop
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2019

I would like to buy a fully assembled upper. I’m still learning and confused on the carbine length compared to full length I guess it has something to do with the buffer tube maybe. Also I’d like to know if I can put an upper and close the gas port where I can manually charge the rifle like a straight pull rifle?

Comment

• Bigs28
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2016

It will most likely be very difficult to eject the empty case with no gas

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Carbine length usually refers to the location of the gas port. The 14.5” and many 16” AR-15’s have a short carbine length gas system like on an M-4 with short hand guard. There are mid length and rifle length gas systems that are used on longer barrels. You can use a carbine length buffer tube with a collapsable stock with carbine buffer with various length barrels. You could use a 20” AR-15 with a carbine length buffer tube or a 16” barrel on a rifle length buffer tube and rifle buffer with a 16” or shorter barrel.

The AR-15 is very versatile and how your going to use the AR-15 many times dictate what parts you use.

Comment

Working...
                      X