• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottCard
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2019

New Member from Arkansas

I went into my LGS last weekend to do some trading and walked out with a muzzleloader and a Howa Mini in 6.5 Grendel.

The Howa was marked down to a really good price so I couldn?t pass it up. I?ve been curious about the cartridge for a while now. It is the model with the black stock and 22? barrel. So far, I have cleaned it, worked the bolt a bit, and installed the Talley two piece scope mounts. I have a nice Leupold 2-7x scope i will use. The plan is to use it as sort of a ranch rifle and a deer rifle when hunting in the woods. It will be about 1.5 lbs lighter than my 7mm-08 and a little shorter as well.

I have ammo ordered and will do the barrel break in procedure in the coming weeks. I?m looking forward to seeing how she shoots.

This looks to be a great forum where I can lean a lot. So, hello from Arkansas!
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Welcome to the forum and say good bye to the 7mm08
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, SC, from the great nation of Texas! The Howa is a delightful rifle. Just make a comfortable spot in your safe for the '-08 as it won't see daylight for a very long time. The Grendel will do anything that the '08 will do and is a lot more fun to shoot.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum ScottCard!

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

Welcome to the horde from the Republic of Texas

Comment

• A5BLASTER