• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MSRAddict
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2019

Newbie from Michigan

Hi All,
    As you may guess from my member name, I like Modern Sporting Rifles, no matter what you call them. I have three other chamberings, but I am in the process of building (2) 6.5 Grendel weapons. I have a 16-IN Faxon barrel nearly done and a 12-IN PSA barrel that parts are still coming in for. I spend more building each of my guns than I would spend to buy complete guns, but no one has one just like mine. - For better or worse ;-)

I am struggling a bit with my 16-IN build. I trashed a Bear Creek barrel for quality concerns and initial range experience with the Faxon had me spraying Hornady Black ELD 123 gr. rounds at 100 YDS. Faxon replied to my email suggesting that 'some of our barrels shoot Hornady ELDs great, and some pattern them.' I have some Hornady SSTs and other quality rounds to try when I can get to the range. The weather is getting colder here and the deer hunters are all over the range sighting in, so I haven't been out lately.

Thanks for your attention,

Terry
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum MSRAddict!

Comment

• CJW
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

Welcome Terry.

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, MSRA from the great nation of Texas! We are all to familiar with that addiction. Fortunately there is no cure but it can be relieved with significant doses of burned powder.

Comment

• MegaHurtz
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2019

Hola. Where in MI are you from? I live on Lake Huron up/over/down in Oscoda. I've been on a long-term TDY to the Nashville area, likely able to return home after the 2019/2020 holiday season.

I'm interested in befriending a land owner that has geography that has a nice profile for shooting at a distance longer than the 300yds the local range (old Wurtsmith AFB) is able to support.

I too am a noob here. Despite same, 'Welcome!'.
            si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. Post in the troubleshooting if you still have accuracy issues and we'll get it diagnosed.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X