• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanthof
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2019

A big HI from Idaho

Hi folks, just getting started with my 6.5 Grendel build.
    Really looking forward to giving this caliber a try using my existing AR lower.
    For now I'm limited to 100 yd range, but hope to get out to the BLM for longer distances when the weather becomes a bit more tolerable.
    Thanks!
  • danm
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

Greetings from the Lewis-Clark Valley!

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum vanthof!

Comment

• CJW
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

Welcome from Georgia.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• PNWTargets
            Warrior
            • Dec 2019

Welcome from Oregon

Comment

• FLshooter
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast

Comment

• just_john
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, vt, from the great nation of Texas! Tell us about your goals and your grocery list.

Comment

• vanthof
                  Unwashed
                  • Dec 2019

Hi!
                  I'm in the process of building my 6.5G on the AR-15 platform using an existing lower due to a limited budget, so, I'm giving the BCA 20" parkerized upper a chance. Should be here by the end of the year.
                  We'll see how it goes now that they've supposedly revamped their 6.5G barrels.
                  I've also picked up a Vortex 3-9x40 BDC scope with cantilever mount

I will reload for this, which hopefully will allow me to fine-tune the loads for the barrel.
                  This may be a hunting rifle, but most likely just a bench toy. Unfortunately the local range is limited to 100 yds, so I may have to wander out to the BLM for longer distance tests.

Comment

• just_john
                    Chieftain
                    • Sep 2012

Well, wonder yonder and holler back to tell us all about it. You might be really surprised at how well some of these budget barrels do if everything is assembled properly. Then, save money for the next lower and then the next upper and then the next....

Comment

• Lemonaid
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by vanthof View Post
                      Hi folks, just getting started with my 6.5 Grendel build.
                      Really looking forward to giving this caliber a try using my existing AR lower.
                      For now I'm limited to 100 yd range, but hope to get out to the BLM for longer distances when the weather becomes a bit more tolerable.
                      Thanks!
                      Welcome vanthof.
                      You are in a perfect position to help with a ongoing topic of interest!
                      I have had horrible results with two BCA barrels Looks like a match grade ammo MOA guarantee wasn?t enough so now they are posting center to center caliper photos in every Grendel product page. They posted a .158 ? group at 100 yards with 130 gr Federal GMB Who can duplicate their results using a barrel or upper

Get your self some of that Federal 130 grain Berger Match Burner ammo a give us a range report!

Comment

• danm
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                        Well, wonder yonder and holler back to tell us all about it. You might be really surprised at how well some of these budget barrels do if everything is assembled properly. Then, save money for the next lower and then the next upper and then the next....
                        This... There's always a next...

Comment

• Moose69
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2019

Hello from E. Wa. New myself but lots of info

Comment

• vanthof
                            Unwashed
                            • Dec 2019

"Welcome vanthof.
                            You are in a perfect position to help with a ongoing topic of interest!

Get your self some of that Federal 130 grain Berger Match Burner ammo a give us a range report! "

Thanks. I've been watching that thread too.
                            I sure hope this upper delivers the 1 MOA promise. The hard part will be making sure I do my part.
                            For ammo, all I've been able to find locally near me is the Hornady 123gr ELD match. I haven't yet wandered over to Cabelas in Boise.
                            I'll have to check with the local BiMart to see if they can get it, cheap...

Comment

Working...
                            X