• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Easyliving
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2020

Greetings from Minnesota

Howdy - I've been reading through various threads over the past months before starting a pistol build and figured I'd join the horde. Always best to spend the tax refund before something breaks.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• CJW
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Nice to have you with us Easy......

Very interesting guys hang out here.

Comment

• FLshooter
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, EL, from the great nation of Texas! Anything Grendel is money well spent! What are your goals and feel free to share pix!

Comment

• Easyliving
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2020

Well.. Current plan is a pistol build for deer hunting (southern MN, shotgun/pistol zone), torn between 12.5" or 14.5" barrel

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Easyliving! I’d base my decision on barrel length by your hunting conditions and whether your going to use a suppressor. If your hunting in very thick cover where shots are rarely over one hundred and fifty yards plus using a suppressor I’d get a twelve or twelve and a half inch 6.5 Grendel. If I was hunting in more open terrain with shots out to three hundred yards I’d use a fourteen and a half inch barrel. Using a bullet that expands at lower velocity like the 129 grain Nosler ABLR will still produce more energy than many handgun cartridges even out of a twelve inch barrel 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• Cowdog
                Warrior
                • Feb 2018

Welcome from Texas. Just picked up a used Monster group buy pistol barrel myself. Makes 5 Grendel barrels in the house now. An addiction for sure. Keep us updated on your progress and post pictures.

Comment

Working...
                X