• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott h
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2020

Hi There

Hi there. I just found this forum after I picked up a "new to me" CZ in 6.5 Grendel. I know virtually nothing about the cartridge, but I have a definate bias towards the small actioned mausers. Getting ammo for it up here in British Columbia has been a little tough but I should be able to finally pull the trigger soon. I'm looking forward to reading through everyone else's experiences with this neat little cartridge and plan to use it for some sitka blacktails this coming September.
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast

Comment

• Wethepeople
      Warrior
      • Jan 2020

Welcome Scott. Gonna be looking at a CZ myself. Tomorrow as a matter of fact. Gonna check out a Howa too. Hope you score a nice Sitka.

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard!

Do you plan to reload?

What components, e. g. 6.5 / .264 caliber bullets and brass (even 7.62x39) are readily available?
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• scott h
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2020

Thanks for the warm welcome. I do plan to reload when someone can get some dies in, and I just got a local shop to order in a box of Sierra 120 gr SP. I can get lots of 6.5 bullets but they are all a little heavier than I'd like. I should have some federal black 123 gr tomorrow to dial in the leupold 2.5 x 8 I just mounted. It's a rarely used caliber up here as black guns are fairly rare and not legal to hunt with.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum scott h!

Comment

• just_john
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, sh, from the great nation of Texas! You've picked an excellent cartridge in an excellent rifle! What part of BC are you in? There's some beautiful country up your way!

Comment

• scott h
                  Unwashed
                  • Feb 2020

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                  Welcome to the clan, sh, from the great nation of Texas! You've picked an excellent cartridge in an excellent rifle! What part of BC are you in? There's some beautiful country up your way!
                  Thanks for the welcome John. I live in in the Okanagan region (southern BC).

Comment

Working...
                  X