• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Newbie to the forum from Indiana

Been lurking around here for awhile. I am from southern Indiana and lived in Texas for awhile before moving back to Indiana when I retired. Looking forward to picking up some good info here on the forum.
  • Cowdog
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Welcome to the forum from North Texas. What part of Texas did you formerly reside in?

Comment

• jasper2408
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

Well I started out in Chandler(near Tyler), then Round Rock, then settled in Palestine before moving back to Indiana. I worked on computer server networks so moving from job to job was pretty common. Now all I operate is the power switch on my laptop and that is just fine with me.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast

Comment

• Shooterrex
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2019

Welcome from just south of you in Ky

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Jasper2408! There are getting to be several forum members from Southern Indiana. I’m on the Illinois Indiana border on the southwest side of Indiana.

Comment

• jasper2408
                Warrior
                • Jan 2019

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Vascar2 I live on the southwest side of Indiana right on the border with IL. At the gun club I shoot at we have a lot of IL members. Have met and chewed the fat with some very nice people from IL.

Shooterrex my wife's moms family is from Kentucky. Robards area.

Comment

• just_john
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, j2, from the great nation of Texas! Tell us a bit of what your goals are and what you're using to get there.

Comment

• jasper2408
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2019

I don't shoot any competitions or go hunting anymore so I only shoot for my enjoyment. I used to shoot big bore silhouette pistol competitions when I was a lot younger and when my eyes were better as that was with open sights but I sold everything and didn't shoot or reload again until about 5 years ago. I decided on the Grendel because I wanted a caliber that didn't have a lot of recoil but still was very accurate. I first looked at the Valkyrie but the bullet size was too close to my 223 Wylde and I wanted a little more punch so I settled on the Grendel and since then the Creedmoor. I started with Forster dies and just recently switched to Redding S-bushing FL sizing dies. I have LE Wilson and Forster trimming tools some 21st Century tools and some other nice ones. I use whatever equipment suits me the best if it does the job. If I can't get the precision that I am looking for then I buy a good quality tool that does give me better precision in the reloading process.

I started with a BCA 20" nitride upper, and it does shoot pretty good, with the intention of upgrading to a Howa miniaction chassis rifle in the near future. I like chaissis rifles the best because I can adjust them on the spot. I use a Sightron 10x50 SSV with the ED glass and just put it on whichever rifle I am shooting that week. I use a 4AW adjustable bag base with my rear bags with a Harris bipod that has the tightening lever so I can level the rifle on the bench before I shoot. I have had good luck with the BCA upper that I own as I have seen there is a lot of differing opinions about them here on the forums. I decided to buy the Howa Miniaction Chassis bolt action rifle so I am looking forward to getting it shooting good.

Well that's me and my equipment in a nutshell. Some days I suck at shooting and other days I am greater than sliced bread (in my mind). My goal is just to enjoy myself when I go out to shoot. If that happens then I have had another good day.
                    Last edited by jasper2408; 02-29-2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Shooterrex
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jul 2019

We are in Shelby co outside if Bagdad.

Comment

• jasper2408
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Shooterrex View Post
                        We are in Shelby co outside if Bagdad.
                        Shooterrex I have bought some stuff online from Kentucky Gun Co just south and west from you in Bardstown. Really nice folks there.

Comment

• Shooterrex
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jul 2019

Kentucky Gun co is a good shop

Comment

Working...
                          X