• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FloorPoor
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2020

Hello

Hello everyone. I picked up my first Grendel (Howa Mini action 22") a few weeks ago. I haven't shot it yet, as I'm still gathering components. I've got to get setup for a chambering/bore diameter Ive never loaded. I plan on using this rifle for hunting. I got a great deal on 500 123gr SST's, and a great deal on 200 new Hornady cases. Still doing some research deciding what powder to start with. Data suggests that this bullet at decent velocities will pack plenty of punch to harvest mule deer at the ranges I'm comfortable with.
    From what I've seen so far, this forum seems like a great place to get tips on hand loading for this cartridge. Also a good place to learn what aftermarket options are available for this little rifle.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, fp, from the great nation of Texas! Commonly, I would encourage you to start with some store-bought ammo, gives you a base-line to compare to. The reloading section has a lot of data to review. Also, if you don;t have 'em, Vol's 1 and 2 of the Grendel Handbook is a great source of insight on reloading selections. Contact either bft for copies of them.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum FloorPoor!

Comment

• FloorPoor
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2020

That is sound advice. I do plan on running factory ammo for the barrel break in. I will record the velocities while doing so.

Comment

• FloorPoor
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2020

I forgot to mention I'm from Idaho.

Comment

• FLshooter
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

Comment

Working...
              X