• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirtyF9
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2020

New member from Texas

Howdy,

I'm from North Texas, around the Dallas area. New to the forum and to Grendel. Only real rifle experience I have is with my Tavor in 5.56 and my M1 Carbine. Had intentions months back of getting my first AR and a few different uppers, one of them being something I could do some long distance shooting and hunting with. So I settled my mind on 6.5 Grendel. Looking forward to getting into 6.5, and learning a lot from you folks.
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, DF9, from another loyal Texian! There are a lot of us Grendelizers in the greater DFW area. I'm in central Collin cty, and there are many, many more of us within the metro. From your statement, you don't yet have a Grendel in hand. What are your plans / do you have a grocery list as yet? If not, check out the group buys. And, when you have a direction established, we can all help you spend your money.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum DirtyF9 from another Tavor SAR owner. I still kick myself for selling my M-1 carbine, lol. Your in the right place to find info on the 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

Welcome to the horde from Tyler.

Comment

• DirtyF9
            Unwashed
            • Mar 2020

Originally posted by just_john View Post
            Welcome to the clan, DF9, from another loyal Texian! There are a lot of us Grendelizers in the greater DFW area. I'm in central Collin cty, and there are many, many more of us within the metro. From your statement, you don't yet have a Grendel in hand. What are your plans / do you have a grocery list as yet? If not, check out the group buys. And, when you have a direction established, we can all help you spend your money.
            Glad to hear there's quite a few of us here in the greatest country in the US of A. I do not have a Grendel in hand. I had an upper on order, and then started reading around here and started wondering if I made a mistake, so I cancelled my order so that I buy the right one the first time around. Buy once, cry once. I personally would like to buy a complete upper ready to go out of the box. I don't have a ton of free time, so I want to spend it playing, instead of working.

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
            Welcome to the forum DirtyF9 from another Tavor SAR owner. I still kick myself for selling my M-1 carbine, lol. Your in the right place to find info on the 6.5 Grendel.
            I'll never sell my Tavor or my M1 carbine. Love them like they're my children.

And thank you all for the warm welcome

Comment

• Texas
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum frm Fannin County Texas

Comment

• FLshooter
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2019

Comment

• just_john
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2012

Uppers are fairly simple to assemble with a small selection of the right tools. We've run the process into the ground in previous threads so I won't go back thru it all but with even using average parts put together properly can yuield a pretty good shootin' upper. Sometimes, acquiring an "average" upper and then breaking down and re-assembling it properly can result is a really good shooter. Been there, done that. If you wanna take that direction, there are several of us who can help you along.

Comment

• CJW
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2019

Welcome from Georgia.

Comment

• Growler
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2019

Welcome!
                      Aside, seriously..where is the like button?
                      Grendel is like jerky, impossible to build just one. Dang Wuhan Flu...so close to version 2.1

Comment

Working...
                      X