• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WardenWolf
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2020

New member from NoVA

Welp, finally got my 6.5 Grendel build done. It's a Sanders Armory 20" upper on a Stag lower, with a JP trigger group. For glass, she has a Vortex Sonora 4-12x44. There is absolutely zero play between upper and lower. I'll find out how she shoots hopefully this weekend, but the reviews I've read say the Sanders uppers are some of the better ones out there. They're also still shipping fast; it went out the door within 2 days of my order.

IMG_20200428_1610171920.jpg
    Last edited by WardenWolf; 04-29-2020, 04:08 AM.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, W2, from the great nation of Texas! Good looking setup! Tell us of your goals.

Comment

• WardenWolf
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2020

My goals are long-range precision shooting and light hunting, although for deer I'll probably rely on something a bit harder-hitting. I'm going to be installing a bipod on it for field work.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum WardenWolf!

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Unless the deer in your neck of the woods are bionic, you'll find the grendel to be more than enough for the task.

Comment

• sundowner
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2017

Welcome to the forum , re-barreled a 18" BCA upper with a Sander's 18" barrel and love it , you should have a winner .

Comment

• WardenWolf
                Unwashed
                • Apr 2020

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                Unless the deer in your neck of the woods are bionic, you'll find the grendel to be more than enough for the task.
                Oh, I'm sure it would be; it's just that I've got accurate rifles that are significantly more powerful (8mm Mauser and .30-06) and more likely to cause a DRT with a good shot. It's basically a scalpel vs. a sledgehammer.
                Last edited by WardenWolf; 04-30-2020, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X