• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arce
    Unwashed
    • May 2020

Newbie from SW Florida

New to the forum, new to 6.5 Grendel. Actually pretty new to SW Florida too. Only been here a year. Tough the beat the weather here in the winter. Easy to beat the firearms laws, etc in Maryland where I formerly resided. And, have I mentioned the lack of state income tax here? I'm a fan of the AR platform and a deer hunter so figured I'd give the 6.5 Grendel a shot. Hoping to at least try a bit of hog hunting down here once I'm dialed in.

In retirement, I'm trying to spread my wings a bit. Going to do a few AR builds including starting with 80% lowers. Previously, I was reluctant to assemble the upper components but I'm going that route too. So, a bunch on my plate in the short term so I'm planning on going with the Larue Ultimate Upper assembled (since they're offering free assembly). That way, I know I'll be ready for the upcoming hunt season.

Thanks for having me.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• Bigs28
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2016

Welcome from sw Florida. You will love hunting here with the grendel.

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

Comment

• Lastrites
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

Summer is still to come, welcome!

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Welcome to the clan, Ae, from the great nation of Texas! From one retiree to another, congrats! It's so much fun, I've done it twice! Working on a third one! You have found the source of all knowledge Grendel! You may have learned across these pages that the Grendel is a highly prolific entity. If there is one, soon there will be two. And then they proliferate exponentially! Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
              X